£43746 - £50294 per annum + excellent benefits
about 1 month ago
Role: Project Cost Estimator - Nuclear Industry
Salary: £43,746 - £50,294/year + excellent benefits including bonus, 27 days holiday and a very generous pension
Start: ASAP (Security clearance will be required prior to starting)
My client is an international supplier of enrichment services and fuel cycle products for the civil nuclear industry, serving utility customers worldwide who provide low carbon electricity through nuclear generation.
As a result of investment activity, my client is seeking to enhance their in-house project delivery capability based in the Group Projects team based on sites in Gronau (Germany), Almelo (Netherlands), Capenhurst (UK), and Eunice (NM, USA). Group Projects is responsible for driving excellence in portfolio management, project management, project engineering management, estimating, project controls, procurement and contract management, and construction management. As a part of Group Projects you will join a pool of experts providing subject matter consulting, advice and direct delivery of strategically significant Client projects.
The client Group Projects is entering into a period of significant and exciting change. The role will own and shape the project system for the clients Group's global portfolio of small and medium projects accumulating up to €100 million annual CAPEX and select projects ranging from €50 million to in excess of €500 million.
Reporting to the Manager of Project Support, the Project Cost Estimator will develop and, when necessary, change project baseline estimates, ensuring they fully reflect the project concerned and that those risks and are fully integrated with the project baseline schedule. The successful candidate will be assigned to either one major or a number of smaller projects. They will ensure that the cost estimates fully reflect the scope of the project and in accordance with our client's policies and procedures.
The Project Cost Estimator will normally work remotely from line management and is expected to be able to operate with autonomy whilst providing services to several customers. .
The main areas of responsibility of the role will include:
- Accountability for the development of probabilistically modelled project cost estimates
- Production of counter estimates to enable validation of vendor offers and claims
- Supporting the development of Capital Expenditure Proposals
- Estimating the impact of any project change requests
- Carrying out peer reviews of cost estimates produced by others
- This role will also ensure knowledge is retained and transferred and undertake lessons learnt reviews to promote continuous improvement
Our client is now looking for an individual who can make a difference and add value to their existing Team. The following skills and experience will provide an indication of the types of Team Players they are looking for:
- Significant project estimating experience including projects over €100 million, brownfield and turnaround/outage projects
- Professional cost estimating qualification e.g. AACE or equivalent
- Ability to interpret technical specifications and engineering drawings of varying complexity
- Ability to co-ordinate disparate information into a coherent estimate
- Sound understanding of good practice estimating processes and principles including probabilistic modelling
- Experienced user of relevant software packages
- Conversant in business English and in the business language specific to role location
Our client is looking for someone who will drive for results to exceed challenging targets, and will also have a thirst for knowledge and a desire to continuously improve.
The role include a competitive salary, as well as an excellent benefits package including bonus, 27 days holiday and a very generous pension, along with excellent career development and advancement prospects, as well as the opportunity to work for a prestigious and respected company serving a key role within the nuclear industry
MORSON INTERNATIONAL, part of the Morson Group, are the leading TECHNICAL & ENGINEERING RECRUITMENT COMPANY in the UK specialising in Technical Support to the following industries: Nuclear, Power Generation, Aerospace, Rail, Marine, Petrochemical & Construction