Newcastle upon Tyne
19 days ago
Morson are delighted to be working with a leading Telecommunications provider who are looking to add a Project Coordination Professional to their team based in Newcastle. In the role you will be exposed to a wide range of projects so experience in project coordination would be ideal however working in a customer focused environment will also be considered.
This role is a temporary role for an initial 6 months with potential permanent opportunities for the right candidate who hits the ground running. You will be well supported by experienced project and programme managers day to day as well as developing you to reach your own career ambitions.
What you'll be doing
* Delivery - Delivery of work orders to the Project & Programme Management Team as directed, on projects (or individual work orders) of varying size and complexity. This may involve owning some work orders end-to-end (with a small to medium degree of risk) or delivering work orders or project support activities as part of a wider Programme or Project Team.
* Organising - Organising and controlling delivery activities, under the direction of a Project or Programme Manager. Ensure deadlines are met and documents are updated accurately. Tracking and ensuring actions are completed.
* Stakeholders - Maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders across the business and your customer, at an appropriate level.
* Methodologies - Following and learning the necessary Programme & Project Management methodologies and processes to benefit now and in the future.
* Tolerances - Delivering work to the necessary time, cost and quality constraints.
* Risks and Issues - Managing risk and issues that are identified by managing a RAID log.
* Resources - Booking and managing delivery resources. Where required, interface with 3rd party suppliers, which involves the agreement, planning, timelines and quality of deliverables.
* Reporting & Governance - Providing status updates within the business and externally and contributing to Programme & Project governance.
* Finances - Track work order costs where required. Ensure completed requests are effectively closed out for invoicing. Identify and manage changes to scope and cost.
* Knowledge of delivery techniques or project management
* An ability to engage people through verbal, written and presentation skills.
* Well organised and detail orientated.
* Demonstrate initiative - self-starter.
* Good interpersonal skills. Great communicator, able to form relationships and build rapport.