4 months ago
Project Controls Planner
We are currently looking to recruit a Planner to undertake duties on a number of high profile projects with our partners and clients within sectors: Rail, Utilities, Nuclear, Defence, Highways and Environment. This role is to join our client's expanding Bristol and South West team on some of the region's most high profile projects.
* Create and maintain project schedules that support and align with project requirements.
* Develop the project schedules in conjunction with the project manager and project team.
* Reduce uncertainty, understand objectives and improve efficiency.
* Interact with project team to define scope of work to develop and update detailed schedules, cost information and identification of variances from original plan.
* Interact with and assist project managers to schedule work and coordinate assignments.
* Evaluate project schedule progress and performance and identify developing problem areas.
* Analyse critical path and constraints to determine effect of changes to schedule and recommend work-around.
* Support project managers to maintain timely and effective change management processes and procedures.
* Adherence to NEC or FIDIC contract processes for management of schedule data and submissions.
* Assist project team to develop status reports to keep management informed on project progress.
* Conduct analysis to determine alternative courses of action or recovery on slipped schedules.
* Undertake Project Reviews.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Monitor and consolidate the overall project plans.
* Monitor the project manager's reporting system summarising the progress status of all projects.
* Monitor and advise on status of project KPIs.
* Computer literacy in Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
* Knowledge and Proficiency with multiple discipline specific software applications such as Primavera (P6) and/or other planning and resourcing software.
* Demonstrable Project management and Planning techniques.
* Able to coordinate and work with other teams and have basic multi-disciplinary knowledge.
* Good research and analytical skills, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Excellent communication and organisation skills.
* Professional working knowledge of project management and Planning software and tools.