£190.00 - £240.00 per day
4 months ago
Morson International has a contract opportunity for PROJECT CONTROLS PLANNER. The service will be provided at our Clients Site, Dounreay.
Contract Duration: 12 months
LTD Co Day Rate £190 to £240 (DOE)
Applicants with a main residence outwith a daily commutable distance from Dounreay will receive a T&S allowance of £75 per diem. Flexibility is offered on a Monday & Friday for travelling with the additional options of a compressed working week or a negotiable working cycle
You will support delivery of the DSRL programme and provide Baseline configuration and performance management deliverables using Project Controls.
HNC in Science/Engineering or equivalent qualification plus experience
Minimum of 3 years Programme/Controls experience
Tasks will include but not limited to:
* Participate in and provide information on project controls processes and systems to project teams. Use recognised best practise in project controls and comply with all DSRL standards, procedures and instructions.
* Advise project teams of project controls performance issues. Identify developing project control issues.
* Support the project delivery teams.
* Analyse progress against project baseline.
* Interact proactively/routinely with the project control staff in other areas/interfacing teams for project/operations cost data and expenditure profiles, ensuring that costs are correctly aligned with programme phases, activities and duration.
* Perform the responsibilities of Management Appointments relevant to post.
* Experience in use of P6
* Application of project and programme planning.
* Fully SQEP'd planning resource to join DSRL in early July to work within the embedded project controls teams on various projects.
* Experience of working on complex programmes of work in a highly-regulated environment.
* Previous experience working in a nuclear environment would be preferred, but is not essential.
* Able to analyse progress against project baseline and advise project teams of performance issues.
* Good interpersonal and communication skills.
* Ability to work under own initiative and as part of a team.
* Able to work to tight deadlines.
* Ability to think at both an individual project level and at a strategic level.
* Clear and logical thinker.
* Ability to analyse and solve problems.