£45.00 - £50.00 per hour
7 months ago
Project Controls Manager Role
* Helps build and define the local process and procedure for Project Controls.
* Leads the Project Controls team for the business area.
* Work closely with the programme and project management team to ensure the provision of the highest quality project controls support specific Commercial or Customer requirements.
* Liaison with the Programme / Project Management team to ensure optimum cost and schedule performance through the provision of the following functions:
* Lifetime Plan / bid development / Detailed Delivery Schedule - Scope, Schedule, Cost Estimates and risk management plans
* Assist with business area lead team and Business Managers with project strategy development and implementation
* Facilitates Monthly / weekly Reports across the Business Area - accurate statusing, progress summary text (Rules Of Credit), accurate assessment of Accruals, progress against Performance Based Incentives (PBIs)
* Variance analyses (both for schedule and cost), recovery plans where appropriate, estimates at completion (EAC), estimates to completion (ETC) Key issues, Key Risks, progress against Key Metrics, progress against Key Milestones, progress against Performance Based Incentives (PBIs)
Day to day management of the Project Controls Teams planning, estimating, cost engineers, risk engineers and document control resources assigned to project control teams. (Note: Overall management of each function lies with the relevant functional manager).
* Ensure that the provision of project controls support in the form of estimating, planning, cost engineering and risk analysis is maintained to the highest quality and conforms to relevant procedures and standards.
* Key Accountabilities ensure Programme Controls are consistently applied across all aspects of the programme and manage the development of a comprehensive and robust Risk Register addressing all risks (threats and opportunities) to the delivery of the defined workscope.
Previous nuclear experience is essential.