6 months ago
Our high profile client manages large scale national procurement contracts and has a current requirement for two experienced Project Controls Managers. These roles are presented on a contract basis (6 months initial) and will be based at our client's site operations at Abbeywood, Bristol.
Developing and overseeing the delivery of the Project Controls discipline operating plans and discipline performance within their projects portfolio.
- The quality and timeliness of cost estimates, budgets, financial reports, risk management and schedules that define the Performance Measurement Baseline
- Ensuring project baselines are under robust change control and the approval of impact analysis and estimates of proposed changes
- Monthly reporting including the generation of portfolio/project dashboards, financial reports and associated analysis and recommendations
- The effective implementation of functional procedures used for estimating, for monitoring and controlling cost and schedule and for earned value management
- Performing audits to ensure the quality of estimating, cost engineering, planning/scheduling and earned value activities.
- Directing or undertaking day to day project controls activities including:
Cost estimating, analysis and control activities
Schedule development, maintenance, monitoring, impact identification and recovery plan development activities
Earned value management analysis and control activities
Managing workforce planning and staffing plans within their project or portfolio
Identifying, analysing and providing innovative solutions to cost management and planning/scheduling problems
Providing direct input to business cases, strategic plans, customer presentations, bid evaluation and contract negotiations
Reporting performance and making presentations to management and customers.
Building and sustaining capability:
Managing personnel, administration and skills development within their project or portfolio and
Managing the implementation of functional training programs within their project or portfolio.
- 2-5 years' experience in a Project Controls environment of which at least 2 years as a Project Controls Manager
- APM Practitioner Qualification (PQ)
- MAPM is desirable
- Minimum of QCF Level 3 in a relevant subject
- Due to the nature of the work candidates are required to hold a current SC Clearance