£55000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + car / 20% bonus
8 months ago
As a long standing business partner, Morson work exclusively with Stansted Airport (part of the Manchester Airport Group) to source hires across the business. In order to facilitate a growing PMO function within Stansted, we are now recruiting for a Project Controls Manager (as well as a Project Controls Controller - see separate advert) to join at an exciting time in Stansted Airports on-going transformation and growth.
* Responsible for providing and maintaining a robust, reliable and accurate project controls regime for the airport's Capital Plan.
* To liaise with the Group Head of Project Services & Head of Project Delivery to ensure cost allocation, budget compliance and business forecasting is provided in line with the business calendar, within the accuracy targets set by the business.
* Lead and manage the Project Controls team within the Engineering Services Department at Stansted, responsible for the effective capture, analysis & reporting of project data and delivery of Management Information.
* Capital Programme status & variance reporting
* To engage the Project Delivery team to ensure robust cost capture by providing real time data aligned with the business Project Delivery System
* To develop and produce Management reports that satisfy needs of the projects, Programme and Project Managers, the Head of Project Delivery, Engineering Services Director and ultimately Exco, which includes detailed working dashboards for month end performance.
* To maintain, develop & introduce internal procedures to verify the correct operation of existing procedures, i.e. regime for Project Controls.
* A key senior leader of the Engineering Services team who manages the Project Controls team and works directly with the Project Management teams to create and maintain projects' budgets and schedules, analyse progress reported against the work schedules; and produce reports on projects' progress performance and forecasts.
* Will work across all Project Delivery projects and the outputs of this work will be aggregated to provide programme level plans, budgets, schedules, forecasts and reports.
Facts and Figures
* Oversee MAN Capital Plan supporting several projects simultaneously to a cumulative value of circa £100m per annum.
* Work with and provides data to a number of departments within the business to ensure visibility of status & health on the Capital Plan through in-month & month-end reports.
* Sole accountability for the Project Controls team and data for the Head of Project Delivery, Project Managers and Programme Managers, and to provide information and reports required to support Programme and Project activities..
* Responsibility of providing the baseline Capital Plan profile for each financial year.
* Responsibility for delivering the business re-forecasts for 2+10, 5+7, 7+5 & 10+2.
The Project Controls Manager will work closely with the Group Head of Project Services & the Head of Project Delivery to:
* Provide -overall view of Capital Plan health, status & variance analysis at any given point within each financial year.
* Provide near term (12 month look ahead, month by month) capital projects cash-flow forecasts for the Project Delivery Director, Finance & the Head of Capital Programme.
* Provide up to date medium term forecast of capital projects cash-flow for capital programme Outturn.
* Provide longer term project and programme information to inform and update long term business plans.
* Manage the development, planning and control of the overall Capital Expenditure plan for covering one-year, and develop the five-year and ten-year business plans.
* Manage the process for payment tracking and cash-flow forecasting for monthly accrual purposes.
* Manage the yearly process of retentions management.
* Reporting on multi-departmental internal charges for the Capital Plan.
* Work in conjunction with the Supply Chain team and Strategic Programme Management supplier to develop capital expenditure efficiencies from standardisation and work bundling opportunities.
* Develop Earned Value Analysis (EVA) by tracking programme performance metrics against multiple baselines
* Provide the necessary cash flow analysis & projections
* Manage the process of project closure, ensuring all payments are finalised & the relevant project codes are closed on project completion
* Establishing & maintaining multiple project & programme baselines throughout the duration of the Capital Plan
* Manage the business re-forecasts process for 2+10, 5+7, 7+5 & 10+2, ensuring the correct schedule & cash phasing are in place to match the current business position.
* Provide status analysis for both mid-year & financial year end for inclusion in the Capital Delivery teams Colleague Achievement Review Objectives.
* Manage the process of Risk & Opportunity within the Capital Plan to inform/influence the business on possible changes to the plan.
* Assist the business in the process of dispute resolution at a project & programme level through detailed analysis & performance.
* Analyse & be able to provide a department resource profile.
* Manage & analyse available data and present the information to Exco and SLT's and drive the resultant corrective action.
* Manage, analyse, report and make recommendations on associated key performance indicators.
* Highlight areas of potential difficulty in delivering the Capital Plan and identify possible solutions.
* Effective prioritising and execution of tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Conduct themselves and carry out their role in conjunction with the Leadership Values.
Key Contacts and Relationships
Interested? Please send your CV or call 0161 707 1516