Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £0.00 per day
Rail Technical Team
4 months ago
Morson International is recruiting for a Projects Controls Manager to manage and oversee project controls for engineering projects. Responsible for project planning and scheduling, cost estimating and monitoring, and quality review. A working knowledge and experience within the infrastructure sector in a planning role previously is vital for this role.
- Oversee an agreed scope of work including the workload of a team or contractors; ensuring allocated work is completed/resources are fully utilised in order to deliver against an agreed programme of work
- Work within established systems to independently produce schedules and cost plans and track and manage budgets, highlighting variances in order to produce management information
- Deliver several projects or programme controls work, ensuring appropriate use of resources and budgets to deliver the required scope of work within set deadlines
- Maintaining the project reporting calendar, coordinating, compiling and issuing the Project Monthly internal and all external stakeholder reports; and the weekly and Monthly Performance data for internal and external review.
- Present any project risks or issues to senior managers to ensure the project is not adversely impacted, and ensure the delivery of project controls is compliant to standards
- Provide advice to colleagues surrounding behaviours, to ensure adherence to internal and external compliance processes
- Analyse and review a range of data to identify key existing and emerging themes and trends.
- Use own knowledge and experience of industry best practice to review and analyse project controls processes and policies, providing insightful recommendations to improve processes and systems
- Interact effectively and proactively across the organisation, seeking to develop ways to support collaboration and ensure project/programme controls can be delivered to meet internal customer expectations
- Advise senior management on issues relating to project controls, providing subject matter advice in order to support successful delivery in line with project objectives and strategies
- Liaise and collaborate with clients and stakeholders, in order to ensure all parties are informed and aware of project progress and expectations
- Responsible for delivering their scope of work in line with budgetary, compliance, regulatory and process controls, and will have deep technical knowledge and broad business experience