Project Controls Manager
Up to £0.00 per annum
Rail Technical Team
19 days ago
The Project Controls Manager will be ultimately responsible for establishing the budget loaded programme, monitoring, control and reporting systems to comply with the Contract and Works Information, and to facilitate the successful delivery of a major project.
Ensure effective execution of Project Controls on the project in accordance with company procedures to achieve best practice project administration which delivers close project control and accurate project forecasting.
- Establishing, maintaining and improving project procedures and tools
- Liaise and assist with internal and external stakeholders.
- Schedule development and management
- Resource planning and management
- Cost management
- Change management
- Earned value management
- Risk and opportunity management
- Project reporting - to the client and company
- Development and production of reports on progress, critical paths, resources and earned value and schedule risks and issues.
- Input into the capture and monitoring of project risks, issues, mitigations and resolution
- Lead technical / programme presentations and negotiations with clients, partners and suppliers
- Understand the Client and Joint Venture Partners' Environment and Sustainability Policies,
- Managing Project Control Engineer(s) and other staff as appropriate
- Processes and statutory requirements as they affect the company's operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are implemented on the project.
Required qualifications, skills, behaviours and attributes
- Project Management experience (as part of a team or otherwise)
- Numeracy and ability to create and use Excel spreadsheets
- Ability and motivation to work both in teams and individually.
- Strong Communication skills, both inter personal and with the written word
- Civil or other engineering degree, or Project Control specific qualifications
- Experience in use of Power BI, P6 and other Project Control software (PRISM, iTWO etc)