27 days ago
The Project Controls Manager is responsible for leading the implementation and maintenance of Project Controls processes within the Programme Management Unit (PMU) to ensure consistent and competent management of project controls across assigned projects, in line with corporate standards and governance. They are accountable for direction and co-ordination of project controls activities on assigned projects to ensure consistently robust monitoring and control of programme performance and transparent reporting against integrated project baselines and key schedule milestones.
* Pro actively contributing process, systems and tools improvement feedback to Pathway, to enable continuous process and performance improvements within the PMU, Major Projects Directorate (MPD)
* Managing the implementation of strategy and processes for developing quality integrated baselines at project and programme levels within each PMU portfolio.
* Accountable for managing the period end process of assessing progress, identifying actual expenditure and submission of reporting information.
* Responsible for planning and managing all discipline aspects of the change control process.
* Provision of on-going assessment and gap analysis of skills, experience, knowledge and qualifications of the PMU discipline resource pool.
* Collation of best practice intelligence from both external and internal sources for inclusion in reporting content.
* Lead a team who directly support project delivery to establish a unified and high standard of quality output.
* Contribute to driving and leading a positive safety culture within MPD projects and ensuring their team is invested in managing and improving HSE performance.
* Contribute to equality of opportunity, social inclusion, fair employment and environmental sustainability, creating open, inclusive and engaging environment within MPD and across stakeholders, customers and supply chain.
* Extensive knowledge of and understanding of capital projects and programmes with an emphasis on project controls and how this supports and integrates with a wider high functioning environment.
* Extensive knowledge of PPM Systems and Tools.
* Knowledge of the professional disciplines of programme and project management in the context of complex capital projects.
* Hold a recognised Project Management Qualification (e.g. APM Professional).
* Knowledge of project scheduling software (e.g. P3e, MS Project) and interfacing control systems e.g. excel, web portals, information management systems.
* Knowledge of financial system (SAP) and reporting tools, ARM, Primavera, P3M system.
* Strong communication, interpersonal and influencing skills to manage stakeholders across a diverse portfolio of projects with difficult resourcing solutions to solve in support of the delivery of high risk, value and complex project and programmes.
* Experience of creating, adapting and monitoring project controls in major projects and experience of implementing tools to support changes.
* Experience of dealing with a range of stakeholders at all levels across the organisation influencing improving process and guidance to support project delivery and reporting.
* Experience of project scheduling software, management systems and reporting tools.
* Experience with programme, risk, commercial controls and pricing experience with associated management level status.