4 months ago
Project Controls Manager, Contract, Plymouth
Due to the nature of the position SC Clearance is required
* Ensures the integrity of the project budget through approved scope changes
* Support estimate development
* Develop and maintain resource-loaded P6 project schedule
* Monitor, analyse, and report on progress, cost and schedule variances, and forecasts
* Flags significant projected overruns or underruns
* Analyse subcontractor spend plans & resource profiles
* Track RFIs/change orders and analyse cost/schedule impact
* Incorporate baseline changes into P6 schedule
* Review subcontractor invoices for progress and funding status
* Calculate estimates to complete and estimates at completion
* Perform variance analysis of project cost and schedule performance
* Provide direction and expertise to project controls-related activities for the project in support of the planning and execution requirements.
* Perform senior project controls specialist functions as required.
* Plan and budget the project controls resources and systems necessary to support the project.
* Establish and maintain effective training programs to develop staff in support of projects aligned to an office.
* Understand and stay current on business/industry trends and the implications for project controls functions.
* Effectively communicate with the Project Team, Client and Home Office Management on project controls issues.
* Manage project controls resources and activities required to support the planning and execution of project controls for a large project.
* Provide budget estimates for project controls labour hours in support of the proposal process.
* Serve as the focal point for all matters relating to estimating, planning/scheduling, and cost control.
* Evaluate contract requirements, identify risk areas, and recommend mitigation plans.
* Develop and maintain risk register and support ongoing risk analysis and mitigation.
* Create, implement, and execute project controls plan to support contract requirements and the successful execution of project controls.
* Resolve issues and provide consistency between the cost control, planning/scheduling, and estimating functions and deliverables.
* Advocate, uphold and comply with company policies and procedures on the project.
* Develop and implement project-specific procedures in accordance with company policies and procedures.
* Analyse and evaluate project status and recommend corrective actions.
Qualifications and Experience
This position requires a minimum of 10 years of progressive project controls experience with increasing responsibility & experience on large EPC/EPCM projects and/or program consisting of simultaneous small to medium size projects is preferred. Candidate should be familiar with the implementation/application of EVMS in a project environment.
Must have strong verbal and written communications skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels both internally and within the client organization.
* UK Sole National
* SC clearance
* Bachelor's degree or relevant experience in construction management, engineering, project management or related technical field
* Applying Company policies and procedures
* Reporting requirements
* Project Controls procedures
* Safety Case, HAZOP, risk assessment and reduction
Able to communicate effectively with confidence and authority