£30000 - £48500 per annum
about 1 month ago
Role: Project Controls Engineer - Hinkley Point 'C' nuclear power station project
Location: Bristol. close to the M4/M5 junction
Salary: up to £48500k + benefits including 10% client pension contribution
Start: March 2021 onwards (due to need to obtain security clearance - client happy to wait for candidates to serve appropriate notice period)
An exciting opportunity exists for a experienced Project Controls Engineer with large engineering project experience and good coordination skills to work for a key client responsible for the production of the construction drawings for EDF's Hinkley Point 'C' nuclear power station construction project.
The role will be based at the client's UK head office in north-west Bristol close to the M4/M5 junction.
The Project Controls Engineer will assist the HPC Integrated Team (WIT) Project Controls Lead by performing project control activities associated with the client's office
They will be the main point of contact in between the client, Paris, and EDF NNB
Working within the client's project controls team assisting the WIT project controls lead by co-ordinating project change management activities, including:
- Local co-ordination of the change management process including contractual events
- Liaison with the central project controls teams, namely the change management team and the contract management team.
- Assisting the engineering teams in creation of change requests
- Assisting the engineering teams in responding to/creation of Contractual events in coordination with commercial manager and contracts team (CE, TQ, PICD, PWR, EWN).
- Co-ordination with the WIT Risk coordinator to ensure links with the risk register
- Support the WIT management team in the production of monthly reports through the provision of intelligent information and analysis.
These activities will be performed in accordance with the HPC project management processes and by working in partnership with the engineering teams in Bristol and the central project controls team based in Paris
Qualifications and Experience
- Good Communication skills Coordination skills
- Ability to use MS Excel and PowerPoint to a high level
- Change management and risk management experience
This is a long-term role (4-5+ years on HPC, plus the opportunity of work on further UK nuclear projects, including Sizewell 'C') offering excellent future career and salary development opportunities.
For the right candidate, our client can offer a competitive salary, along with a good benefits package including 10% client pension and private heathcare, combined with the opportunity to work for a highly respected company at the forefront of the UK nuclear new build industry
MORSON INTERNATIONAL, part of the Morson Group, are the leading TECHNICAL & ENGINEERING RECRUITMENT COMPANY in the UK specialising in Technical Support to the following industries: Nuclear, Power Generation, Aerospace, Rail, Marine, Petrochemical & Construction