Stockport, Greater Manchester
£350 - £450 per day + negotiable
9 months ago
P6 Project Controllers required to support the Project Management Team by providing an effective specialised Project Control including the provision of accurate, integrated and meaningful bid and / or project planning and reporting.
This encompasses; monitoring, analysing and reporting for bid /project schedules to ensure that information is used in bid / project decision-making based upon the status of the most up to date schedule.
The information provided to review and report the status of the bid / project must be based on auditable, controlled and managed data.
The role involves but is not limited to the following:
Project Planning Schedule Construct & Resource Profiling
- Produce a baseline schedule to underpin the project requirements for complex projects or a set of integrated work packages ensuring the level of detail is correct for the type and complexity of project; tasks are logically linked correctly in accordance with the design lifecycle; all technical and non-technical requirements are reflected and all internal and external dependencies are accurately captured and linked to show any schedule impact on movement of dates.
- Making use of layout to ensure that schedule can be easily presented and understood by the project team
- Generate an accurate and meaningful critical path which can be communicated to the Project Team enabling issues to be reconciled and decisions made to assist in the recovery of slippage, where applicable.
- Provide assistance in the development of Work Breakdown Structures for a project or work stream which effectively reflects and communicates the project to Stakeholders.
- Create and maintaining accurate project resource profiles ensuring any overloads are easily identified for resolution.
- Implement improvement actions resulting from schedule quality reviews ensuring that schedule integrity (FUSE) scores are within recommended boundaries for project type.
- Participate in planning workshops
- Proficient user of Primavera
- Contributes effectively to all gate reviews by providing relevant and reliable information. Assesses recommendations from gate reviews and instigates appropriate responses for corrective action.
- Ensures project controls and planning governance defined for own projects or sector is followed.
- Undertakes monthly comprehensive status updates on projects in accordance with the Update and Review calendar using established reporting mechanisms and processes. Provide reports of status and performance of project in a timely manner using standard project formats. Contribute and support project level reviews.
- Ensure the baseline and configuration control processes are adhered to enable an audit trail of changes to schedule and cost to be maintained. Identify "baseline to current" status changes and provide this to stakeholders, demonstrating an understanding of the importance of baseline control. Routinely applies basic performance measurement techniques to validate actual progress and reasons for variance.
- Ensure the timely completion of Internal Reporting packs in line with Thales processes ensuring information is accurate and delivered in a timely manner.
- Provide resource profiles resulting from the monthly schedule update process in order to reconcile resource loading anomalies ahead of the data publish.
- Supporting both internal and external Project Reviews by providing the schedule, critical path, progress and overall health of the project.
Integrated Business Planning
- Demonstrate an understanding of the key roles and responsibilities involved in the IBP process cycle and reviews.
- Reports in a timely manner against the CBU calendar.
Risk Management Concepts & Techniques
- Support the deployment & reporting of Risk & Opportunity Management, ensuring the correct maintenance of the risk register and ensuring the correct profiling of risk resources.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of Schedule Risk Analysis. Working under supervision, perform Schedule Risk Analysis (SRA) on either risk impact, deterministic or uncertainty modelling. Present basic statistical analysis to support decision making.
- An awareness of continuous improvement principles and identification of opportunities.
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.