North West England, England
£400 - £420 per day
Rail Technical Team
5 months ago
Recruiting for a Project Controller to cover a permanent employee's maternity cover (7-month contract duration). Opportunity is working for a leading client in the Rail Industry based in Stockport offering excellent rates of pay (£400-£420 per day).
Primary Purpose of the Role: The principle purpose of the role is to support the Project Management Team by providing an effective specialised Project Control service for their projects.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- To be accountable for governance, deployment & reporting of Risk & Opportunity Management,
- To be responsible for the independent assurance review and reporting process,
- To lead on the assessment of risk and contingency in assurance reviews and activities,
- To lead on the production of the monthly project reports,
- To support the project contract review,
- To provide guidance to Project Management Office team on the project comprising Planners and Project Support staff,
- To ensure the correct and effective Project Governance is applied,
To ensure all Project activities undertaken comply with the relevant processes,
* The ability to interpret the requirements of projects for a project control service and to effectively apply the correct processes and tools to ensure the effective delivery of the service, either directly or through the direction to other member of the Project Management Office, * The ability to provide accurate and up to date project control information to decision-makers in the Project Management Team, * Strong stakeholder management capabilities to work across the boundaries with the B&PM job family and across other functions, * Ability to establish and meet deadlines, multi-task and prioritise, * Excellent communicator, * Strong planning and delivery orientation, * Commercial / financial / business acumen, * Contributes positively to a collaborative working environment.