£40000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + bonus/bens
about 2 months ago
As a long standing business partner, Morson work exclusively with Stansted Airport (part of the Manchester Airport Group) to source hires across the business. In order to facilitate a growing PMO function within Stansted, we are now recruiting for a Project Controller (as well as a Project Controls Manager - see separate advert) to join at an exciting time in Stansted Airports on-going transformation and growth.
* Act as the subject matter expert providing Primavera P6 EPPM & SAP Financial application knowledge
* Accountable for creating and maintaining project budget data including schedules, actuals and forecasts
* Responsible for analysing progress reported against the work schedules and produce reports on projects' progress performance and forecasts
* Responsible for contributing to a number of projects where the outputs of this work will be aggregated to provide programme level plans, budgets, schedules, forecasts and reports.
Facts and Figures
* Will support several projects simultaneously to a cumulative value of circa £50m.
* Will work with multiple Project Managers and Programme Managers (10 to 15) as well as managing the consultant supply chain (8 to 10 Commercial and Contracts Managers) to provide information and reports required to support Programme and Project Control activities and functions.
* The ability to manage the above will result in the successful delivery of the Capital Plan
* Provide weekly status reporting on key business projects within any Financial Year to the Project Controls Manager and Head of Project Controls for consumption by the Engineering Services Director, Group Asset Management Director & surrounding colleagues.
* Liaison with Directors & business level approvers of both the CAPEX & GW process in order to track progress & unlock any approval issues or blockages within the system.
* Produce near term (3 month look ahead week by week) capital projects cash-flow forecasts for the finance team.
* Produce up to date medium term (12 month rolling) forecast of capital projects cash-flow for capital programme Outturn.
* Produce longer term project and programme information to inform and update long term plans.
* Assist in the development, planning and control of a the overall Capital Expenditure plan for the business, covering one-year, five-year and ten-year business planning periods.
* Assist in payment tracking and cash-flow forecasting for accrual purposes.
* Assist in retentions management.
* Ensure timesheet compliance and reporting on internal charges.
* Work in conjunction with the Supply Chain team and Strategic Programme Management supplier to develop capital expenditure efficiencies from standardisation and work bundling opportunities.
* Responsible for auditing commercial management services and Contractors commercial management to ensure consistent high standards for the business.
* Analyse, report and make recommendations on associated key performance indicators
* Identify and highlight areas of potential difficulty and identify possible solutions
* Adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
* Works directly with Programme Managers, Senior Project and Project Managers
* Asset Management
* Supply Chain
* Various members of the Senior Management Team as required
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
* A minimum of 3 years' experience of working with Oracle Primavera P6 EPPM enterprise tool.
* Technical ability to proficiently update & manipulate the system in order to shape bespoke reports as necessary, whilst maintaining control & governance in line with a robust project delivery system.
* Be able to specify the technical environment required for implementation, provide installation support, and integrate with other in-house systems.
* Ability to advise on & carry out the following tasks: Integrating Primavera P6 with other enterprise systems, System Customisations, Primavera P6 custom report writing, Ability to transfer data from previous Primavera P6 versions & Data migrations from other systems (MS Project etc).
* Knowledge & experience of working with the latest industry scheduling, profile & cost tools, including Primavera & SAP. Demonstrate significant experience in providing both near term & medium term project cash-flow forecasts (12 month rolling).
* Membership of RICS or equivalent qualification (ICE, IMechE or IEE) - although not a pre-requisite the Project Controller should be at an advanced stage of gaining this (date of APC planned with RICS). In addition to the above the following are preferred: A Project Management foundation qualification as recognised by RICS, ICE, IMechE or IEE. A Project Management process qualification - Prince 2 Practitioner. Primavera P6 user capability to an advanced / administrator level
* A background in a commercial role (Quantity Surveying etc.) is preferred, as well as experience in delivering complex multi-stakeholder projects & programmes of work to tight regulatory deadlines.
* Minimum 3 years' experience in a similar operational environment
Core Behaviour Framework
* Keeps their team up to date on business, team and individual performance
* Demonstrates technical competence in their professional field
Interested? Please contact Ben Pascall for more info on or call 0161 707 1516