Up to £30 per hour + Limited.
8 months ago
Our client is recruiting for a Project Management Business Partner (PMBP) who is required for Project Management support activities to the ACF and Borates Free projects. The duration of the PM support is estimated to be several years since many of the Work Packages will continue to 2020 and beyond. The PMBP is accountable to the project leader and a source of support to all project stakeholders.
The supported managers are in charge of the "Companies Chromate Free" (ACF), and "Borates Free" projects, which aim to deliver compliance to REACH regulations for Chromate/Borate products and processes, and to mitigate the associated risk of business disruption. The project team is multi-functional and trans-national, and is split into a number of Work Packages and Sub-Work Packages. In general, the Engineering functions lead the replacement product development, the Manufacturing functions lead the Plant implementation, and the Procurement functions lead the supply chain implementation, with overall lead from the Programme function (BXIM).
The ACF and Borates-Free projects belong to the companies Substances Environmental Roadmap portfolio. The development phase of a WP follows a TRL milestone approach, and the implementation phase follows a tailored milestone process.
While the Project Leader is fully accountable for the project deliverables, the PMBP - on the grounds of both their project management expertise, as well as their technical know-how related to the team's deliverables:
1. Ensures the daily application of PM processes and procedures such as defining, deploying and managing the
- Project plan
- Schedule plan
- Risk Register
- Work breakdown structures
- Communication plan
- Governance Documentation (e.g. statement of work (SoW) standards and policies)
2. Supports the Project Leader in his accountability to achieve time, cost and performance objectives by
- analysing collected KPI data (including technical information) to identify possible baseline deviations as well as project scenarios in order to recommend preventative and corrective action, while also over-seeing the necessary follow-up action and maintaining financial control
- agreeing with stakeholders on the goals and objectives of the project
- establishing, maintaining and integrating project plans that are deliverable focused
- capturing and formalising requirements, and analysing them to ensure that all stakeholder expectations are met and noting any required modifications.
- cascading objectives to team members with clear definitions of individual roles
- identifying and alleviating any barriers blocking or slowing down progress, change or continuous improvement
- steering of the team based on progress tracked against agreed plans in place
- defining any changes needed from KPI analysis and relay modifications to impacted populations
- identifying and organising the closure of different phases of the project to facilitate transfer of project results, status and outstanding actions (lessons learnt, best practice, knowledge sharing) to new project actors as well as to ramp-down members
- facilitating all PM reviews and driving the team to deliver results in support of the PM reviews
3. Monitors the status on
- Planning activities, milestones, critical path and remain-to-do
- Risk Management classify levels of risk, potential impact and mitigation actions
- Financial status Earned Value Management definition, deployment and maintenance
- Change Management change control process, adherence and deviation management
* Live, accurate and fully transparent schedule plans and Earned Value Management
* Business management recommendations - based on Project Management methodologies as well as technical know-how - for preventative and corrective actions in case of deviations from project baseline (Time, Cost and Quality)
* Risk identification and appropriate mitigation in the format of a risk register and Active Risk Manager (ARM)
* Generation of transparent and accurate project status reports
B. Organisation structure
The jobholder reports to the Project leaders in the company's Substances Environmental Roadmap organization managing aircraft related hazardous substances matters for all Programmes and all Functions.