Stockport, Greater Manchester
£45 - £55 per hour + NEGOTIABLE
about 1 year ago
Support the Project Management Team by providing an effective specialised Project Control including the provision of accurate, integrated and meaningful bid and / or project planning and reporting. This encompasses; monitoring, analysing and reporting for bid /project schedules to ensure that information is used in bid / project decision-making based upon the status of the most up to date schedule. The information provided to review and report the status of the bid / project must be based on auditable, controlled and managed data.
The role involves but is not limited to the following:
Project Planning Schedule Construct & Resource Profiling
- Produce a baseline schedule to underpin the project requirements for complex projects or a set of integrated work packages ensuring the level of detail is correct for the type and complexity of project; tasks are logically linked correctly in accordance with the design lifecycle; all technical and non-technical requirements are reflected and all internal and external dependencies are accurately captured and linked to show any schedule impact on movement of dates.
- Develop layouts to meet different stakeholder/ project team requirements ensuring they can easily be presented and understood
- Generate an accurate and meaningful critical path which can be communicated to the Project Team. Reconcile issues, making recommendations to assist in the recovery of slippage.
- Provide assistance in the development of Work Breakdown Structures for a project or work stream which effectively reflects and communicates the project to Stakeholders.
- Identify resourcing constraints and issues and apply appropriate smoothing or levelling techniques to produce an optimised resource profile on the complex scenarios.
- Analyse the output from quantitative schedule integrity assessments (FUSE) taking appropriate actions that successfully sustain improvement trends. Conducts effective peer reviews of schedules and successfully supports others in schedule integrity assessments.
- Facilitate planning workshops to support WBS / schedule construction
- Expert User of Primavera
- Make recommendations / insight to Project Control Manager / PM prior to Gate Reviews.
- Contributes effectively to all gate reviews by providing relevant and reliable information. Assesses recommendations from gate reviews and instigates appropriate responses for corrective action."
- Implements project controls and planning governance in own projects developing processes and tools accordingly.
- Undertake monthly comprehensive status updates on projects in accordance with the Update and Review calendar, establishing reporting mechanisms and processes to ensure a monthly drum-beat of update and review, including but not limited to: comparison checks of "baseline to current" / "current to last" / "current to completion" status changes including comprehensive variance assessments; highlighting corrective action to be taken. Attend and communicate project heath at project level reviews.
- Establish a baseline and configuration control process on own projects and communicate and enforce within the project team in order to provide an audit trail of cost and schedule changes. Ensure all Project Management Baselines are reflected in Primavera to enable accurate reporting including Earned Value (EV) reporting to validate actual progress including estimated actuals, remaining forecasts, reasons for variance and at-completion modelling. Guide less experienced staff in the implementation and application of performance measurement and EV techniques.
- Provide reporting recommendations to support internal and external review meetings including but not limited to Earned Value calculations, to support project performance forecasting.
- Ensure the timely completion of Internal Reporting packs in line with company processes ensuring information is accurate and delivered in a timely manner.
- Analyse resource profiles resulting from the monthly schedule update process and make recommendations to reconcile resource loading anomalies ahead of data publish.
- Supporting both internal and external Project Reviews, communicating to both internal and external stakeholders the schedule, critical path, progress and overall health of the project.
Integrated Business Planning
- Contribute to the Demand Review process, providing demand scenarios. Prepare information for the Integrated Reconciliation Review and the Management Business Review as required.
Risk Management Concepts & Techniques
- Support the deployment & reporting of Risk & Opportunity Management, ensuring the correct maintenance of the risk register and ensuring the correct profiling of risk resources conducting regular risk reviews with team and key stakeholders, in order to manage the overall project risk exposure.
- Implements and applies Schedule Risk Analysis with integrated risk impact, uncertainty and deterministic modelling Interrogates the statistical analysis and reports findings to inform decision making. Conduct effective peer reviews of the output of Schedule Risk Analysis. Successfully coaches others in implementing and improving SRA.
- Apply continuous improvement principles to local PMO processes, devising innovative solutions to improve efficiency
- Contribute to and share best practice within PMO
- Able to consolidate complex information from multiple sources into a simple narrative
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.