North West England, England
2 months ago
Project Controller Manager (P6 advanced user) required to actively support the Project Director by executing Project Management controls on their projects in line with company processes under the guidance and support of the Head of Planning and Control.
The PCM will provide informal coaching where required to other Controllers. This encompasses; monitoring, analysing and reporting for bid /project schedules to ensure that information is used in bid / project decision-making based upon the status of the most up to date schedule.
The role involves but is not limited to the following:
Be accountable for ensuring the effective Project Controls governance is adhered to. Setting out a clear vision and direction for their team. Managing the PMO team ensuring the adherence to the monthly calendar and ensure accurate monitoring and reporting of projects. Ensure work is allocated effectively across the PMO team.
Project Planning Schedule Construct & Resource Profiling
- Ensure baseline schedules are produced to underpin the project requirements for complex projects or a set of integrated work packages ensuring the level of detail is correct for the type and complexity of project; tasks are logically linked correctly in accordance with the design lifecycle; all technical and non-technical requirements are reflected and all internal and external dependencies are accurately captured and linked to show any schedule impact on movement of dates.
- Develop layouts to meet different stakeholder/ project team requirements.
- Generate an accurate and meaningful critical path which can be communicated to the Project Team. Reconcile issues, make recommendations to assist in the recovery of slippage.
- Provide assistance in the development of Work Breakdown Structures for a project or work stream.
- Identify resourcing constraints and issues and apply appropriate smoothing or levelling techniques to produce an optimised resource profile on the complex scenarios.
- Analyse the output from quantitative schedule integrity assessments (FUSE) taking appropriate actions that successfully sustain improvement trends. Conducts effective peer reviews of schedules and successfully supports others in schedule integrity assessments.
- Facilitate planning workshops to support WBS / schedule construction
- Lead on the production of the monthly project reports to support IBP and Sector PMR reviews. Ensuring all information is accurate and coordinating corrective action as required. Implementing IBP improvements and best practice across the Projects.
- Make recommendations / insight to PCM/ PM prior to Gate Reviews.
- Contributes effectively to all gate reviews by providing relevant and reliable information. Assesses recommendations from gate reviews and instigates appropriate responses for corrective action.
- Implements project controls and planning governance in own projects developing processes and tools accordingly.
- Undertake monthly comprehensive status updates on projects, establishing reporting mechanisms and processes to ensure a monthly drum-beat of update and review. Communicate project heath at project level reviews.
- Establish a baseline and configuration control process on own projects and communicate and enforce within the project team in order to provide an audit trail of cost and schedule changes. Ensure all Project Management Baselines are reflected in Primavera to enable accurate reporting.
- Provide reporting recommendations to support internal and external review meetings including but not limited to Earned Value calculations, to support project performance forecasting.
- Ensure the accurate and timely completion of Internal Reporting packs in line with company processes.
- Analyse resource profiles resulting from the monthly schedule update process and make recommendations to reconcile resource loading anomalies ahead of data publish.
- Support both internal and external Project Reviews, communicating to both internal and external stakeholders the schedule, critical path, progress and overall health of the project.
Integrated Business Planning
- Ensure the Demand Review process is adhered to for the sector, conducting local resource reviews and providing demand scenarios. Prepare information for the Integrated Reconciliation Review and the Management Business Review as required.
Risk Management Concepts & Techniques
- Support the deployment & reporting of Risk & Opportunity Management, ensuring the correct maintenance of the risk register and ensuring the correct profiling of risk resources conducting regular risk reviews with team and key stakeholders, in order to manage the overall project risk exposure.
- Implement and apply Schedule Risk Analysis. Interrogate the statistical analysis and report findings to inform decision making. Conduct effective peer reviews of the output of Schedule Risk Analysis.
- Apply continuous improvement principles to local PMO processes, devising innovative solutions to improve efficiency
- Contribute to and share best practice within PMO
- Able to consolidate complex information from multiple sources into a simple narrative
- Collect and monitor the use of 'lessons learned' as part of a continuous improvement culture.
- Work collaboratively with the other sector and Programme Project Control Managers and under the direction of the Head of Planning and Control to ensure consistencies in processes applied.
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.