Morson Talent are currently recruiting for a Project Controller who will play an integral role in the ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Project Management Office. You will support the Project Managers by working with Engineers and all other areas of the project team to supply, analyse and support the management of the project's budget, schedule, risk and cost information.
- Creation and maintenance of Microsoft Project plans, opportunities and delivery projects, working with the project teams to ensure estimates and forecasts are correct and published frequently.
- Scheduling of all project activities to produce an integrated project plan with a critical path, update as required, and report potential problems/problem areas to the Project Manager/Work Package Manager for action.
- Maintenance of a project baseline and change control log in order to report on cost and schedule variances to the Project Manager on a monthly basis, with suggestions for corrective actions.
- Support to the Project Manager in the monitoring and tracking of project budget, providing a full forecast for all phases of the project and ensuring overspends or underspends can be justified.
- Support to the work package manager: reviewing and where necessary raising change requests; performing scenario analysis in the schedule; and implementing changes.
- Support the Project Manager with Risk, Issues, and Opportunities management by ensuring the various registers are reviewed and updated frequently with the project teams. To perform schedule risk analysis on projects and project opportunities as and when required.
- Support the Project Managers in the creation and maintenance of Earned Value Management data set and reporting requirements.
- Support to the generation of the Business level reporting and Business Intelligence (BI) data in support of the project and divisional level reviews and attend where necessary.
- Support to continuous project management improvement initiatives and project management standards across the project community.
- Provide guidance to the Project Management community on the templates and processes to be adhered to when managing an Atlas Elektronik project.
- Manage and keep track of material demand using the demand request form and homepage.
- Support the project team to support MRP loading strategy and ongoing support for future demand.
You will be involved in MRP (Material Requirements Planning) to control material demand loading between the Project teams and procurement/production. This will comprise the management of the Demand Request Form/Process advising best practice for Gantt structure on new and ongoing projects.
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required
- A proven track record at planning high value, complex engineering projects which include the full project lifecycle.
- A strong individual who will ensure that best planning practice is always adhered to.
- A sound understanding of the Project Management lifecycle and reporting tools / principles.
- A sound understanding of Earned Value Management principles with practical application.
- An appreciation of the Commercial and Financial aspects within the project environment.
- Advanced Microsoft office, Excel, and Microsoft Project skills.
- The ability to challenge project managers and contribute to process and reporting improvements.
- Experience of an MRP / ERP system
- Knowledge of Risk standards, specifically Management of Risk (MOR).
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and project delivery focused.
- Ability to work unsupervised, under own initiative, with the drive to influence and improve project reporting and performance.
- Prepared to multi-task and work flexibly to achieve deadlines.
- Ability to interpret technical, engineering and operational issues and relate these back to delivery implications.
- Ability to challenge forecasts, identify, and highlight conflicts of data.
- Ability to work in a team and to develop an empathy with colleagues, understanding their roles and priorities.
- A positive can-do attitude.
Competitive Salary and benefits.