Up to £32.50 per hour
21 days ago
The Successful Candidate will support a Project/Programme Manager or Control Account Manager with aspects of managing a large project/programme (such as managing a particular work package), or manage a small project. The role is likely to report to a Project/Programme Manager or Head of Project/Programme.
You should have an advanced knowledge of project management practice, and expected to be able to adapt and apply these practices in different circumstances, to develop these practices and to guide and instruct others in their application.
You will deliver the following when supporting the Control Account/Project/Programme Manager with aspects of delivering a large project/programme (such as managing a particular work package) or when managing a small project:
- In the absence of the PM, delegated authority to lead in setting and agreeing direction with senior management of other functions on behalf of the project
- Integrate all functions to identify, manage and support the resolution of project specific issues, to enable the achievement of programme objectives
- Manage project scope (likely to be a lower level of complexity) to ensure that all aspects are fully defined to ensure customer requirements are achieved as well as ensuring the accurate recording and reporting of progress of planned targets for budget, schedule and quality.
- Utilise planning and scheduling understanding to interrogate activities and plans.
- Support the management of assigned cost accounts to ensure completion to planned targets for budget, schedule and quality.
- Lead the management and review of the project Estimate at Completion (EAC)
- Lead the co-ordination of the quarterly look ahead (QLA) process and stakeholder input
- Coordinate any change applicable to the project & continually deliver improvement across the business. Ensure changes are incorporated within the project in a timely manner to avoid negative impact.
- Manage the risks / opportunities that develop during the project within their area
- Proactively lead the capture, collation, documentation and transfer of project LFE (Learning From Experience)
- Maintain a focus on milestone, contract deliverable and acceptance event delivery
- Ensure compliance and assurance with LCM mandates and reviews
- Support PM with preparation and sign off of the Control Account Plan and requirements capture.
- Support the preparation and maintenance of the Project Management Plan
- Monitor and controls their scope through the delivery phase with focus on resource management analysis.