3 months ago
A Project Controller is required with BAE
BAE Systems Land (UK) operate a centralised Project Management Office that has functional responsibility for Project Management toolsets including, Microsoft Project Server (MSP) Server, Earned Value Management, Predict (Risk & Opportunity) & Resource Planning.
The Project Controller Contingent requirement will provide practitioner capabilities in establishing and maintaining the Project Control System (including Earned Value Management, EVM) across the organisation.
This role involves working closely with Project Teams, Finance and Engineering, providing project office services to the business, developing and transitioning projects from the existing standalone system to an integrated environment.
Data alignment and data integrity are crucial for the ongoing accuracy and decision making in an integrated environment.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Ensure consistent application of Project Controls within the IDTs (Integrated Delivery Teams) and Engineering
- Establishment the fundamentals for effective Project control (budget, schedule, resource& change management) for all project types (Customer, internal funded etc.).
- Liaison across the business to drive the project transition into the Land UK Project Control System (Project Hub)
- Provide maturity analysis and analytics to the central PMO (project Management Office) and IDTs.
- Provide guidance and practical application for Earned Value Management system and analyse EV data
- Establish, apply, and improve, Project Control procedures, methods and systems.
- Facilitating effective decision making through the provision and analysis of project control data
Competencies/Skills and Expertise
Competencies/Skills and Expertise include the following:
- A comprehensive background within a formal PMO or Project Management environment and knowledge of a structured approach to the management of projects e.g. Prince, APM, BAE Systems LCM.
- Familiarity with, and competence using an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, knowledge and demonstrable practical experience of the SAP system would be of significant benefit.
- Experience in applied Earned Value Management would be of significant benefit.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Requires good analytical skills, able to manipulate data, to identify trends and data shortages. At this level the ability to gather, manipulate and apply good practice to mature project data, sufficient to upload into the Project Control System. Provide ongoing guide and coaching to the Project Management community in project control outputs, analysis and interpretation.
- Two to four years of experience in a PMO or a senior support role on a projects-related role
- Familiarity with project management software, such as SAP
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Project and EVM (Cobra)
- Technically competent with various software programs, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.