26 days ago
An opportunity for a Project Controls Lead is available within the Test and Evaluation Project Control Team. This role covers a multitude of contracts that the shared service supports and as such a flexible and Reporting to the Scheduling Team Leader below are some details of the role's responsibilities/requirements:
- Planning and schedule management and management reporting within a project environment.
- Knowledge and practical experience of the application of Earned Value Management, including the ability to analyse data to support variance reporting and use of the data to support forecasting
- Knowledge of project control reporting standards and practices and ideally have practical experience of developing CAM reporting packs
- Understanding of R&O management principles combined with practical experience of the process of defining and managing R&Os in a project environment.
- Applied knowledge of project forecasting techniques and change management processes.
- Knowledge of Commercial, Finance and Procurement processes and practical experience of their interrelationships with project control processes.
- Understand and interpret resourcing data to help inform Operation's Manager.
- The successful candidate will be required to perform tasks suitable to the internal level of this role. The role will contain, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Providing project control support to the T&E CAM and Operations' Manager
- Ensuring preparation of realistic plans and schedules, which reflect a robust understanding of dependencies and execution logic
- Ensuring and enacting the Change Control process.
- Supporting the CAM and/or Operations' Manager in defining and managing the resources required to achieve the project scope of work
- Ensuring establishment and adherence to project control processes, including Earned Value Management, Risk Management and the use of robust reporting of achievement
- Reviewing project performance, including decision-making and out turn predictions based on trend analysis
- Managing project change through the formal Baseline Change Process
- Supporting the CAM and Operations' Manager in developing a robust quarterly forecast for each project
- Excellent - Microsoft Excel, and Project.
- Good - Microsoft Powerpoint, Word & Outlook skills.
- Personal Skills - Communication, Team Working, Motivation skills essential.
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.