5 months ago
As a Project Controller you will be supporting a number of key stakeholders utilising a suite of project management tools that impact or help the project over the next 6 years. You will be supporting the planning, monitoring and controlling of the project, with the Project Manager and Control Account Managers, to meet customer requirements and technical solutions.
Working with a small team to support the Project Management Team located across the Broad Oak site.
Your main responsibilities as a Project Controller:
- For specific elements, analyse and interpret project management information to identify data inaccuracies or departures or variances from expected or anticipated, research variances and make adjustments to data inputs to reduce inaccuracies in data set.
- Ensure compliance with the Operational Framework, relevant Project Management policies, and all project management tools and techniques, e.g. Life cycle management, risk registers, change control, project control etc.
- Maintain and update change control, databases and other toolsets such that these processes are accurate and up to date as part of the monthly reporting cycle.
- Assist the Project Control Manager (PCM) and CAMs in reporting and analysing the Earned Value data.
- Assist the Project Management team and the Control Account Managers (CAM) in the identification and resolution of issues arising from analysis and interpretation of information such that these are resolved in a timely manner.
- Assist in the Project Management team and the Control Account Managers (CAM) in managing risks and opportunities within the R&O management tool.
- Assist the PCM conducting and collating Critical Path Analysis and Risk Network data for the Schedule Risk Analysis on the master schedule.
Work with the PM and Finance Manager to complete the CSR for business reporting.
The Individual must have the following:
- Detailed understanding of Microsoft Project (2010 onwards) essential.
- Understanding of SAP and Predict! Tools desirable.
- Strong analytical background with experience of developing and interpreting Earned Value Data, critical paths and schedule risk analysis.
- Understanding and experience of the relationship between Project Control process and other processes such as the Risk & Opportunity process and Engineering process
- Degree/ honours degree or equivalent in a PM/ business qualification and/ or equivalent business experience.
- Project Management qualification (e.g. APMP, PMP) desirable.
Ability to persuade and influence with sound rational argument
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.