Up to £0.00 per annum
2 months ago
About the role / project:
My client is looking to employ an experienced Project Commercial Assistant to join a busy team for an initial period of 6 months with a possibility of extending. The team manages hundreds of projects which encompass a huge variety of types and values. Projects range from a few hundreds of thousands to hundreds of millions of pounds of external client expenditure. Types of projects include asset protection to bridges, tunnels, residential and commercial developments, statutory undertakers' crossings, level crossing alterations, electricity pylons, telecoms masts and a host of others, including major schemes such as Crossrail, as well as hundreds of minor schemes which need a fairly rapid response The essential theme of all these projects is that they must have some impact on the railway that needs project managing by the team in order to reduce the risk to NWR.
Your experience will include:
* Extensive experience in commercial management and data management
* Demonstrable relevant experience
* Excellent understanding of Oracle Projects and iProcurement
* Excellent communication and negotiation skills
* Excellent experience of Microsoft Excel including use of Visual Basic
* Good understanding of the construction/railway industry
* Good understanding of Business Analytics
* Educated to degree standard in related subject
* Membership of a relevant professional institute, chartered status
* Significant experience of working within a generalist commercial environment
* Awareness of industry issues
About our client
Our client is the largest rail infrastructure business in the country and is at the operational centre of the railway and playing a key role in a rapidly evolving industry. They are responsible for rebuilding Britain's railway infrastructure and are managing some of the biggest and most complex engineering programmes in Europe. Over the next five years they will be spending around £23 billion to maintain and upgrade every aspect of an infrastructure that comprises 21,000 miles of track, 2,500 stations, 9,000 level crossings, 40,000 bridges and tunnels, and signalling and power for the movement of 25,000 trains every day.
What you'll get in return
Network Rail, understand what it is like to work as a contractor and do everything they can to make it a simple process for you - this includes a dedicated Onboarding and extension teams and access to a web based timesheet portal giving you an ability to access and submit your timesheets wherever you are.