£30.00 - £35.00 per hour + Negotiable dependant on experience
Sam Mabbott B.Soc Sci
9 days ago
Our client is looking for a Project Buyer on a Contract basis for an on-going contract based in Lathom.
The purpose of the role will be to source materials, equipment and services for Capex projects under development of Engineering for all SBUs across our client's Group, delivering optimum service to the SBUs (time, cost, quality, H&S, etc) and in line with all relevant policies, procedures, project plans and category strategies, and to manage key supplier relationships for those materials and services.
The main responsibilities will be to cover regional spend on Manufacturing Assets depending on the Capex project and programme
The Job holder will need to build effective working relationships:
* With Engineering and a range of stakeholders across the SBUs and Functions in the regions
* Within Manufacturing Assets and the Procurement Function regionally
* With a range of suppliers
* Develop appropriate sourcing plans for Capex projects in compliance with the Engineering and Procurement procedures and in conjunction with the Category Director Category Manager(s), Project Procurement Manager(s), Project Manager(s) and Project Engineer(s)
* Select suppliers, issue RFQs, evaluate tenders and conduct supplier negotiations for sourced items, to deliver project requirements and consistent with sourcing plans
* Manage key supplier relationships to ensure contractual commitments are met and ensure coordination across Engineering and SBUs to maximise leveraging opportunities
* Monitor progress to ensure goods and services are supplied in line with project plans, and take actions to mitigate any identified risks
* Support/lead resolution of quality and supply issues related to projects within Engineering and the region where applicable, under the overall guidance of the relevant Category Manager(s)
* Act as the key contact within Procurement for Engineering in relation to the specific projects being managed
* Facilitate communication between Engineering, SBU stakeholders, local Engineering and the relevant Category Managers, in relation to the Procurement aspects of the projects being managed
* Support the Category Director and Category Manager in analysing, describing and managing the supply market for the categories, including supply base, competitors, cost structures, market dynamics etc. (in relation to the capex projects).
* Working closely with the wider MA Category and Engineering, consider life time cost of Capex equipment in sourcing decisions, including maintenance cost considerations and energy consumption.