5 months ago
Morson International are currently working with a key client in the Nuclear sector who requires a contract Project Assistant Engineer. This is 12 month+ assignment and a competitive rate is on offer to the successful candidate.
- To provide support to the Project Manager to deliver the governance and project control requirements within the framework of an approved management system.
- To contribute to the delivery of a large, complex project to cost, time and QEH&S targets, maintaining gross margins and achieving customer satisfaction through the deployment of project teams and effective team working.
- Contribute to the delivery of medium to low complexity projects to time, cost and QEH&S targets in compliance with the Company's Management System or an agreed Joint Venture/Partnership Management System
- Working with commercial representatives ensuring that all component projects and work packages satisfy all businesses commercial requirements
- To support and promote the principles, processes and culture that underpin company accreditation for IAMM and ISO 9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS 18001
- Work with the Project manager to support the Health, Safety and Welfare of all team members and ensuring compliance with legislative requirements
- Supports the development of a project risks and opportunities plan and instigation of mitigation measures or other appropriate actions
- Supports negotiations and the raising of project funding, internally compliant processes and the application of effective financial management thereafter
- Ensure all project documentation is maintained to the required standards within the management system
- Provides governance to ensure that the organisations projects are aligned with the company objectives, processes and procedures
- Delivery of a project within a contractual framework operating with processes to ensure legal and contractual compliance in conjunction with the responsible SPM and Commercial Manager
- Assist the Business Manager, Programme Manager, Senior Project Manager in discharging his or her strategic and capability development responsibilities
- The base location for this role will be at our client's Newbury office; however there will be frequent visits to the their Bristol office and potentially other UK locations for meetings and specific activities. This may on occasion require overnight stays. The candidate must have a full current UK driving license, and be eligible to drive hire cars on company business.
Role Qualifications & Requirements:
The successful applicant should have one or more of the following:
- HNC/HND or equivalent in science or engineering related subject
- Association of Project Management (APM) Full member or equivalent; Project Management Institute (PMI); qualification APMP or Certified Associate in Project Management
- CITB CSCS Card
- Sound IT skills, specifically around Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Visio and Powerpoint)
- They will also be able to demonstrate excellent communication and organisational skills with the ability to develop relationships and maintain an effective network. They will demonstrate sound commercial awareness, be results orientated with a team-centred approach. They must be decisive with a flexibility to adapt to changing needs. Key tasks will include but not limited to, report building, action chasing and programme reviews.