Up to £15.50 per hour
14 days ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Project Administrator to work for BAE Systems in Scotstoun. The jobholder will undertake a range of specialist administrative duties for the project overall and the project team members (currently three executives)
The post holder is likely to take a major role in coordinating the project activities with internal customers, including taking personal responsibility for the monitoring and liaison with specified stakeholders.
This post requires considerable clerical experience and the ability to quickly build a comprehensive knowledge of the relevant policies and procedures.
The jobholder requires the ability to arrive at conclusions and follow the most appropriate course of action. Works within procedural constraints.
Duties will involve;
- Processes complex and variable documents received from a range of sources and consolidates / reviews in line with department standards and requirements.
- Identifies and undertakes investigation into discrepancies through checking and analysing data and checking back through information flows, within and across departments.
- Places requests on stakeholders, tracking returns in line with project schedule.
- Liaises with stakeholders, taking personal responsibility for certain specified tasks/contacts, resolves queries & problems and expedites delivery of certain tasks.
- Analyses, collates and formats data from a number of sources in order to produce reports, schedules and summaries
- Has the ability to quickly develop a detailed knowledge of stakeholders and relevant policies / processes
The jobholder will report to Project Director, Operational Improvement and support him/her along with at least two other team members (HR Director and Head of Finance)
All are working on a specific project and you will provide administration support for the roles detailed above and act as overall project administrator.
The role has a home base of Scotstoun but almost full time working from home should be expected during COVID
The successful candidate will have considerable experience in Business Support / Administration roles and be able to use all Microsoft Office software comprehensively. You will need to build a comprehensive knowledge of a range of work routines, procedures and systems across a discipline. Good communication skills are required as the role will involve regularly exchanging information and you will need to be able to confidently liaise with robust and sometimes awkward contacts. You will be able to work with minimal amount of supervision - work outputs are to a quality standard and produced in a timely manner. Once procedures fully understood, the role holder must be confident in solutionising from these procedures as well as make straightforward judgements by analysing information and selecting appropriate solution.
The role holder needs to understand the roles of the team members and a wide range of stakeholders to help carry out their role effectively. Basic knowledge of the Company, its structure and procedures must be developed quickly.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
Administration; filing; e-filing; GDPR; secretarial; data entry; data input; Excel; Word; Outlook; Access; MS Office; booking system; business support; database management; diary management; minute taking; document control; project administrator; project support