Up to £32.00 per hour
6 months ago
Project Accountant; based in Preston; 12 month contract; £32.00 per hour LTD.
A role has become available working as part of a high performing Finance function for a large multi-billion-pound business that is undergoing a period of rapid transformation. The successful candidates will help support the function to shape the future for Finance and ensure that first class financial data is used in decision making. We are looking for someone with professionalism, good time management skills, attention to detail and who works well as part of a team and in return we offer experience in a fast-paced FTSE 100 company, working in an environment where you can literally see the product taking to the skies.
The key responsibility of this role is to work with their manager and team to ensure that there is timely and accurate financial reporting in the business. In order to do this, the successful candidate will be able to:
- Ensure appropriate and effective financial controls are maintained within the team
- Be involved in the monthly reforecast process by providing appropriate analysis and attendance at reviews
- Ensure the timely and accurate completion of month end reporting packs - P&L, Risks and Opps, Variance Analysis, To Go's,
- Ensure the monthly forecast information is accurately maintained and monitored against budget and previous expectations
- Synthesise complex information and provide accurate and relevant financial information to the business, and assist the wider business in understanding and interpreting key financial information
- Ensure the accuracy of inputs and challenge as appropriate working with the different Project Accountants and business leads,
- Understand and perform financial transactions such as journal posting, reconciliations and data interrogation
- Manage time effectively to meet deadlines
- Work well in a team, liaising with both finance and non-finance colleagues to achieve outcomes, flexing style for different stakeholder audiences
- Support continual improvement of procedures and working practices. Produce, promote and monitor of supporting process instructions.
- Reconcile data through thorough understanding of interfaces to and from financial systems to ensure a high-quality output
- Provide support to the IFRS 15 roll out across the business
- Support the ERP implementation as required
The role will involve providing financial information to aid the decision making process, To attend cross functional management reviews, To pull together, review and challenge financial information - P&L, Budget Reports and Cashflow, To ensure a robust control environment is in place to ensure integrity of the processes and controls, To work with the business to compile regular financial forecasts and longer term plans, To ensure the accuracy of costs and time booking data, To perform financial accounting tasks such as invoicing, reconciliations and control reviews.
This role is working as part of a high performing Finance function in multi-billion-pound business that is undergoing a period of rapid transformation. The successful candidate will be helping the function to shape the future for Finance and helping to ensure that first class financial data is used in the decision-making process. We are looking for someone with professionalism, attention to detail and who works well as part of a team - if we are to make the changes required to help the business the latter attribute is crucial. The successful candidates will form part of a highly motivated, effective team that is the driving force behind business performance and holding key stakeholders accountable for milestone delivery.
Good communication, team working and motivation skills are required as well as excellent Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills. You will be also part qualified [CIMA] Level 3 or equivalent.
Please note the pay rate advertised is a LTD pay rate.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.