£200.00 - £300.00 per day
12 months ago
Project Accountant; 3 months; Leicester, £300.00 LTD per day
We are looking to recruit a Project Accountant to work for a large defence company based in Leicester. The candidate will participate in the planning, tracking, analysis, and reporting on multiple projects of varying contract type, size and complexity. The candidate will have significant interface with Project Managers, Contract Management staff, Senior Technical Personnel, as well as other functional organisations.
Duties will involve;
- Work within established Company policies and procedures.
- Protect the information assets of the Company and comply with the Company's Information Assurance policies and procedures at all times.
- Promote company values and standards and exhibit appropriate behaviour in accordance with Company ethos.
- Promote equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organisation.
- Use talent and ability to encourage achievement and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate safety, integrity & commitment at all times.
- Project start-up according to the Contract/PO.
- Setting up Projects in Dynamics according to budgets, job cost numbers.
- Project reviews with Project Managers regarding Estimates to Complete.
- Review all cash forecast with the Project Team.
- Create and update Project Financial Statements Reports for Contract Review.
- Create Project Payment Applications.
- Preparing Financial Statements for Client.
- Liaising with Clients in order to get Payment Application agreed.
- Final accounts to be agreed with Client.
- Project audits to be carried out with the Client according to the Contract.
- Provide supporting documentation for Application for payment.
- Liaising with the Client regarding any Project issues.
- Raising and resolving invoice queries, interacting with Project Managers, Procurement, other Finance teams as well as external Suppliers.
- Processing of additional hours time sheets.
- Engaging with Procurement regarding issues with purchase orders.
- Assisting in cost and project reporting.
The successful candidate will have previous Project Accounting experience and will be numerate and willing to learn. You will be qualified to ACCA/CIMA/AAT level or equivalent.
You will be proficient in the use of MS Excel and Microsoft Dynamics. You will have the ability to plan and organise multiple workload requirements and work to deadlines. Attention to detail is essential along with excellent written and numeracy skills. Strong communication skills are required as you will be expected to engage with suppliers at all levels. You will be able to work as part of a team or under own initiative, be flexible, well-motivated and enthusiastic. You will present a professional image in representing the company at all times.
Please note the pay rate advertised is a Limited pay rate.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.