£40000.00 - £41000.00 per annum
4 months ago
Morson Group Accountancy and Finance Division are working on behalf of our client whom currently have an opportunity for a Project Accountant working within their business based in North Bristol.
* To be responsible for the production of financial information for quarterly forecasting, budget and performance information for the contracts in their portfolio.
* To produce meaningful and accurate financial reports to show contract performance in order to explain variances from budget and previous forecasts in a way that gives confidence that a clear understanding is evident.
* To assist the project managers in their understanding of the financial issues so they are equipped to foresee financial risks before they arise and put in place adequate mitigation.
* To be the key financial contributor at the monthly PSR and Finance review meetings for their portfolio and be able to talk about the forecast, variances and margin.
* To submit/produce contract invoices, in line with current procedures and compile cash forecasts in line with the company requirements.
* To assist in the production of reports that are required by the Project Accounting function and within business streams relevant to their portfolio of contracts.
* To liaise with other parts of the group where necessary on intercompany contracts.
* To be responsible for the delivery of appropriate revenue and profit treatment for their designated contracts at month end.
* To be able to develop current processes and procedures to improve efficiency.
* To be flexible in approach and able to adapt to change and support ad-hoc reporting requirements.
Required Skills and Experience / Qualifications
The successful candidate will ideally:
* Be a qualified Accountant, preferably ACCA/CIMA.
* Have a background in project (or cost) accounting.
* Have experience within a defence or engineering environment.
* Be a confident and self-motivated team player.
* Have excellent communication skills with all levels in the hierarchy.
* Be proficient in using excel, with the ability to pick up new platforms quickly.
Successful candidates will need to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements and may be required to complete a medical assessment.
The role will be in an environment regulated by Trade Control legislation and involve working with controlled goods, technology and/or services. This may require you to meet enhanced security and regular screening checks.
Our client offers the supportive environment you would expect from a leading employer including: enhanced employment terms and conditions, 25 days holiday entitlement plus 8 public holidays, money purchase pension scheme with life assurance, share ownership scheme, Occupational Health services, flexible working hours (for the majority of roles), career opportunities and specialist advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams.