Up to £32.00 per hour
4 months ago
Project Accountant; based in Blackburn; 12 month contract; £25.84 PAYE per hour
We are looking to recruit a Project Accountant to work for a large aerospace/manufacturing company based near Blackburn. This role reports directly to the Finance Manager who oversees the implementation of Project Phoenix (new ERP) across US Programmes Finance. The jobholder will support the implementation of the new ERP by undertaking the following activities:
- Support project planning activities such as reporting progress against planned task levels and helping to co-ordinate resources across US Programmes Finance
- Support business testing
- Help to communicate project updates across the US Programmes Finance team
- Support data migration and cleanse activities
- Support cutover planning and enactment
- Understand and perform financial transactions such as journal posting, reconciliations and data interrogation in order to support business readiness activities
- Manage time effectively to meet deadlines
- Work well in a team, liaising with both finance and non-finance colleagues to achieve outcomes, flexing style for different stakeholder audiences
- Reconcile data through thorough understanding of interfaces to and from systems during test phase
In order to support the Phoenix, Go-Live the US Programmes Finance team is providing a significant amount of resource to support the Integrated Test programme, data cleanse and people get fit programme. To date only limited backfills have been brought in to plug the gaps but with the ramp up required in the period pre-Go Live and post implementation, additional temporary labour is required to ensure that core financial controls are maintained and that accounting support to the business within both the Reporting & Project Accounting areas is maintained during this pre- and post- Go Live period.
This role is working as part of a high performing Finance function in multi-billion-pound business that is undergoing a period of rapid transformation. The successful candidate will be helping the function to shape the future for Finance and helping to ensure that first class financial data is used in the decision-making process. We are looking for someone with professionalism, attention to detail and who works well as part of a team - if we are to make the changes required to help the business the latter attribute is crucial. The successful candidates will form part of a highly motivated, effective team that is the driving force behind business performance and holding key stakeholders accountable for milestone delivery.
The successful candidate will have good communication, team working and motivation skills. You will have excellent Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills. You will be part qualified [CIMA] Level 3 or equivalent.
Please note the pay rate advertised is LTD pay rate.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.