Up to £32.00 per hour
about 2 months ago
We currently have a vacancy available for a Project Accountant working for BAE Systems.
As a Project Accountant, you will be supporting the Finance team to provide financial and decision making support to the Europe & International Typhoon Capability Contract delivery team, as well as ensuring appropriate governance and controls are applied. The team support ongoing bid activity and deliver contracts to our Customers, including NETMA nations (UK, Germany, Spain and Italy).
This role will give you the opportunity to gain project accounting experience whilst supporting other non-finance functions and will help you to develop your understanding of and ability to manage complex projects.
Your main responsibilities as a Project Accounting will involve:
- Support the Finance team to deliver all internal and external reporting requirements. This could also include involvement in assumption setting, identifying risks and opportunities against budget targets and variance analysis.
- Support the business as appropriate in ensuring all budget targets are achieved. This includes utilising systems to interrogate data, such as aged debtors and creditors to help inform forecast and balance sheet
- Support the process to mitigate foreign currency exposure in the business by active management of currency requirements on contracts to ensure effective hedges are in place for payments and receipts.
- Provide financial support to CAMs (Cost Account Managers)/budget holders and other non-finance functions including Project Management, Procurement and Commercial from the delivery team. This includes preparing and posting of journals, reconciling financial data and resolving problems/issues where appropriate to ensure integrity of information provided.
- Focusing on maintaining and improving financial controls & performance through ensuring all financial procedures and controls are applied as required and support non finance functions on their application. Support the business to ensure Processes or Work Instructions are relevant and ensuring updates are approved in a timely manner.
- Proactively seeking to improve local processes and working practices to drive efficiencies across the team and wider business.
Your skills and qualifications:
Part/Fully Qualified CIMA, ACA, ACCA or AAT
Project accounting experience preferable
Advanced Excel skills
IBM Cognos TM1
You should have good interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels and prioritise to meet key deadlines. You must also have strong written and verbal communication skills.
The candidate must have excellent Microsoft Excel skills and be good with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
Communication, Team Working and Motivation are essential
Candidates may need to be able to drive to another local site. Please note the pay rate advertised is a Limited pay rate.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
CIMA; ACCA; FCCA; ACMA; GCMA; ACA; AAT; project accountant; management accountant; reporting accountant; finance manager; finance controller; FPA; forecasting; audits;