Coventry, West Midlands
Up to £0.00 per day
Rail Technical Team
6 months ago
Financial management of a suite of projects within a the Project Delivery organisation
Project Mobilisation, Undertake a handover from the Tendering and Estimating team of the financial elements of a successful bid, including the baseline value and budget, CBS and baseline Project delivery Report and full set up in the SAP system.
Project Forecasting and Reporting
- Review and analyse project actual and forecast spend to support Work Package Managers (WPM) and the Project Manager (PM) in the financial control and forecasting of their budgets.
- Analyse new project forecasts, developing a view on robustness, timing, risk and opportunity. Review and, if necessary, challenge with both WPM and PM before finalising .
- Ensuring all change is properly incorporated in cost and value, including approvals for submitting contract variations and including unagreed variations in forecast final value.
- Maintain for each project the P&L, balance sheet, order book and cashflow on behalf of the PM
- Working with other parts of the project team as necessary eg Commercial function, prepare project reporting to the client where required
- Ensure all project audit requirements are dealt with in a timely and professional manner.
Functional Reporting and Forecasting
- Ensure all project reports and forecasts are submitted to Central Finance on time, accurate, understood and approved, where necessary.
- Provide meaningful supporting commentary where required on variance analysis
- Act as the independent conscience of the project ensuring the integrity of the financial status and forecast, escalating issues or concerns where necessary.
- Review and amend, where necessary, project accruals related to internal and agency staff, materials and major subcontractors.
- Ensure the correct trading margin % and verify the traded position
- Provide commentary on traded position and financial status/movement where necessary
- Manage or support the setup, submission and processing of Payment Applications, certificates and invoices, including all postings to the ledger.
- Actively monitor the payment cycle ensuring any required actions are taken to maximize the cash position, chasing payments with supplier where necessary
- If dealing with cost reimbursable contracts, ensure timely and accurate provision of all supporting information to enable issuing, approval and payment of project milestones in a timely manner.
- Part qualified accountant with recent accountancy work experience
- Strong communicator with the ability to challenge and influence others
- Desire and ability to work closely and develop productive relationships with both finance staff and other project functions.
- Strong organisational/planning skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Relevant contract/project accounting experience
- A high level understanding or core contract terms and conditions which have a financial aspect