City of London, London
£14 - £16 per hour
2 months ago
My client a well-known professional services and investment firm which specialises in real estate, are currently recruiting for Project Accountant to assist them in this busy period.
As a Project Accountant you will be responsible for:
- Taking on the responsibility for financial management of historic balances as well as all property transitions across the portfolio.
- Ensuring that statutory and regulatory requirements, including those of HM Revenue & Customs and the Royal Institution of
- Chartered Surveyors are satisfied for the Company and its clients.
- Trial Balance Reporting, VAT Reporting and any other additional reports or requirements to clients, surveyors and solicitors where appropriate.
- Be the main point of contact for the accounts team on all project work.
- Full knowledge and accountability of your portfolios including client accounting reports and monitoring completeness of the tasks performed by accounts administrator.
- Liaise with Surveyors on the portfolio, acting on and providing information in a timely manner.
- Work with the team to ensure clear backlogs of work.
- Understand the management in and out process of clients and properties.
- Liaise with service charge analysts to ensure all service charges in the portfolio are closed within the contractually agreed deadlines.
- Ensure both Company and legislative procedures and controls including ISAE3402 are adhered to.
- Preferable, recognised accountancy qualification (ACCA, ACA or CIMA) or substantial accounting and/or management operations experience.
- Strong Excel skills, to pivot table, VLookup level.
- Accounting experience from a property background (desirable)
- Working knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint and Outlook required and knowledge of Client System (Yardi) would be advantageous.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be flexible and able to work under pressure, multi task and effectively prioritise.
- Organised, with attention to detail and able to work to tight deadlines.
- You will be a good communicator with the ability to present and explain financial information to all levels of management with a high standard of written presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good analytic skills
- Ability to meet demanding deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Able to adapt style of communication depending on the audience and the nature of the information being communicated