Up to £32.00 per hour
2 months ago
As exciting opportunity have arisen for a Project Accountant to be responsible for providing Bid support to teams across the Europe and International portfolio for a large aerospace company. The role covers a variety of interesting Contracts, ranging in size, complexity and value. You will be part of an Integrated Project Team, working alongside Commercial, Project Management and in some cases Operations and Procurement therefore, your ability to work cross-functionally is vital. You will need to exhibit high levels of business acumen to ensure you add value to your Project and the company as a whole.
We are looking for individuals who are confident, who can challenge assumptions, who are proactive and can make informed decisions.
The role involves supporting the delivery of all internal and external reporting requirements as required. This includes;
- Supporting line leaders with preparing 5 Year Business Plans (Budgets) including assumptions, risks and opportunities and bridging to previous submissions
- Supporting line leaders with preparing Monthly Forecasts including assumptions, risks and opportunities and explanation of forecast movements
- Engaging cross functionally, and with Cost Account Managers (CAMs) / budget holders, to drive process improvements, with particular focus on accuracy of cash forecasting
- Providing inputs to the monthly balance sheet process and commentary, supporting actions where appropriate
- Supporting the bid teams in producing robust Sales and Margin Trading Plans, cash flow models and Net Present Value (NPV) calculations
To support the bid team as appropriate in ensuring all targets are achieved. This includes:
- Monitoring financial performance through the Monthly Forecast and Business Planning processes
- Working with the Project Team / CAMs / budget holders to understand forecast, Business Plans and IEP movements
- Working with the Project Team to help them understand what the accounting standards mean to them, e.g. IFRS 15
- Preparing and posting of monthly journals
The role will also involve providing bid accounting support to CAMs/ budget holders and non-finance functions including Project Management and Commercial from the respective team areas. This includes:
- Provision of cost information to the bid Team
- Reconciling financial data and resolving problems/issues where appropriate to ensure integrity of information provided
- Preparing and posting of journals
Focus on maintaining and improving E&I financial controls through;
- Understanding Accounting Standards and their application to the Project(s) you are working on
- Ensuring all financial procedures and controls are applied as required and supporting non finance functions on their application
- Supporting line leaders with Internal and External Audit queries and providing information in a timely manner
- Proactively seeking to improve local processes and working practices to drive efficiencies across the team and wider business to help drive the Finance function forward
The successful candidate will be part-qualified to CIMA Level 3 or equivalent and have excellent communication, team working and motivation skills. You will have excellent Microsoft Excel and Outlook skills.
Please note the pay rate advertised is a Limited pay rate.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
CIMA; ACCA; FCCA; ACMA; GCMA; ACA; AAT; project accountant; management accountant; finance manager; finance controller; FPA