Up to £32.00 per hour
4 months ago
12 month contract
Project Accountant; based in Preston; 12 month contract; £32.00 per hour LTD
We are looking to recruit a Project Accountant to work for a large manufacturing company based in Preston. The role is working as part of a Finance and Project Team within the Hawk International business area.
Duties will involve;
- Prepare standard regular and ad-hoc accounts and financial reports, and provide interpretation as necessary, and in line with the month end timetable.
- Produce accounting/financial forecasts, analyses and reports
- Carry out regular and ad-hoc financial analyses to meet management needs
- GRNI - To look at historical transactions and work through with Procurement and supply chain to resolve
- Preparing for the implementation of a new Financial & Reporting system, and to establish smooth transition.
The ideal candidate will have previous accounting experience and will be Part qualified to CIMA Level 3 with strong Excel skills. You will be used to working to tight timescales, good communication skills and enjoy working as part of a team. You will have a good working knowledge of software financial packages e.g. SAP, BaaN, IFS, TM01. You will be able to communicate financial information legibly and succinctly to individuals and groups. You will be able to identify, in standard areas, problems and trends which are likely to cause future problems/issues. You will have good analytical skills and knowledge of relevant analytical techniques e.g. Variance Analysis. Good communication and team working skills are required. You will enjoy working in a team made up of multi-functional disciplines.
Please note the pay rate advertised is a Limited pay rate.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy