£30.00 - £45.00 per hour
5 months ago
Job Title: Project Accountant
Location: Devonport Royal Dockyard, Plymouth
Duration: 5 months
Pay: £30.00 - 45.00 P/H
Main Purpose of Role
To provide accurate and timely financial information and advice relating to all areas of responsibility to Business Unit and Project Managers to enable them to exercise effective financial control over the area to maximise value for money, cashflow and profitability.
The successful applicant will have a strong academic background and will be fully qualified (ACCA, CIMA) with a proven track record working in finance or project accounting positions. Excellent communication skills are essential as is experience of working with non-finance managers and challenging complex financial data.
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities
- Production and analysis of accounts in accordance with the issued monthly timetable
- Maintain the integrity of data that supports the accounts maintaining full audit trails for both internal and external audit purposes
- Production of monthly Project Status Packs for management reviews in conjunction with the respective Project Teams. These packs are also to be prepared on a quarterly basis for Senior Management review
- Raising customer invoices in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with the contract terms and conditions and management information requirements
- Production of Cost Certificates/statements for MoD in accordance with the contract terms and conditions
- Production of the annual budget and quarterly information in conjunction with Project/Centre Managers
- Financial support to bidding activities
Qualifications and Experience
- Fully Qualified ACCA / CIMA
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel
- High quality standards and attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Good organisational skills.
- Sound technical knowledge.
- Proactive approach to work with flexible attitude towards duties
- Experience of IFS and / or Business Analytics an advantage
Morson International are acting as a recruitment business in relation to this vacancy.