Up to £32.00 per hour
4 months ago
We are looking to recruit a Project Accountant to work for a large aerospace company based in Preston. Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be responsible for providing Project Accountant support to projects within the Air Sector.
Key duties will involve;
To deliver all internal and external reporting requirements as required. This includes:
- Production of monthly forecasts including assumptions, risks and opportunities and detailed variance analysis
- Production of periodic balance sheets and commentary, taking actions where appropriate
- Supporting the Project Manager in producing robust Contract Status Reports (CSRs) and Sales and Margin Trading Plans
- Preparation and challenge of all phases of Integrated Business Plan (IBP) including assumptions, risks and opportunities
To support the business as appropriate in ensuring all budget targets are achieved. This includes:
- Providing general project accounting support, challenge and advice to non-finance functions including Project Management and Commercial
- Engaging cross functionally, and with local Cost Account Managers (CAMs), to drive process improvements and accuracy in cash forecasting
- Attending relevant Project meetings providing challenge to ensure reliability of delivery information and assessing the financial impact
- Ensuring all bids are subject to the appropriate financial challenge and support
Focus on maintaining and improving financial controls & performance through
- Ensuring all financial procedures and controls are applied as required and advising non-finance functions on their application
- Supporting Internal and External Auditors and providing information in a timely manner driving the business to achieve successful results from any audits
- Proactively seeking to improve local processes and working practices to drive efficiencies across the team and wider business
This role is working as part of a high performing Finance function in multi-billion-pound business that is undergoing a period of rapid transformation. The successful candidate will be helping the function to shape the future for Finance and helping to ensure that first class financial data is used in the decision-making process. We are looking for someone with professionalism, attention to detail and who works well as part of a team. The successful candidate will form part of a highly motivated, effective team that is the driving force behind business performance and holding key stakeholders accountable for milestone delivery.
Excellent communication, team working and motivation skills are required. You will have strong IT skills including excellent Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills. You will be part qualified [CIMA] Level 3 or equivalent.
Please note the pay rate advertised is a Limited pay rate and equates to £25.84 PAYE.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.