Birmingham, West Midlands
£30000 - £35000 per annum + Negotiable dependant on experience
9 days ago
Our client a charity who look after and bring to life 2,000 miles of waterways across England and Wales, because they believe that life is better by water. Are currently looking for a part time Programme Manager to be based at their Birmingham, 3 days per week on a 6-month contract.
The purpose of the role is to provide key management to plan, track and monitor a series of strategic programmes (change initiatives) across the organisation. Work with programme leads across the organisation to influence, support, trouble shoot to ensure programmes are delivered. Ensuring plans are accurate and up to date. Providing reports including RAG status, dependencies etc to the Executive Team.
Manage the strategic programme plans, mapping milestones, outputs, risks and dependencies, identify and manage programme risk and manage programme changes. Validate that all workstreams are accounted for in the overall plan.
Work with programme leads across the organisation to influence, support, trouble shoot to ensure programmes are delivered.
Manage the cross-programme progress tracker including obtaining regular updates of performance against planned outputs and timescales from programme leads, budget reporting and analysing the information provided to report to the Strategic Programme Board (subcommittee of the Executive Team).
Develop current reporting standards and processes for the programme, including dashboards, utilise Gantt, milestone charts, and other project management techniques to communicate progress and identify performance variances to facilitate focus and intervention on critical areas.
- Project Management Qualification (e.g. APM, PMI, PRINCE2, MSP)
- Experience of working within a PMO function co-ordinating complex cross functional programme information
- Project Governance experience - project healthcheck reporting, developing and maintaining project and programme dashboards and reporting, holding managers to account etc
- Management of Project/Programme plans, tracking and reporting performance.
- Confident communicator and able to build trust and rapport quickly.
- Ability to influence people at levels.
- Strong data analysis and problem-solving skills, Ability to develop solutions to complex problems in new and innovative ways.
- Experience of administering meetings and work within a structured framework (such as a governance function, a board of directors, or a committee)
- Able to self manage workload, prioritise and highly organised.
- Able to work with ambiguity.
- Experience of supporting others to follow project management processes and use of templates
- Highly competent in the use of Microsoft Office tools e.g. Excel, Visio, PowerPoint)
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Project, or other tooling for project/programme/portfolio management.