South East England, England
about 1 month ago
We are currently recruiting for a Programme Manager to join a highly successful team to be responsible for a high technology, complex engineering programme.
This role offers the opportunity to work on a high profile customer programme with worldwide travel along with the chance to further enhance your career with additional programmes of work likely to fall under this position.
The successful candidate will be accountable for programme success, delivering against time, cost, scope and quality criteria. They will also be the focal point for programme strategy and will work alongside Marketing to grow the business, and be a key customer focal point. The successful candidate will also be responsible for delivering continuous improvements to the business.
* Manage a project management team to execute a programme of work, delivering to time, cost, scope and quality.
* Implement and maintain robust programme management governance in line with company procedures.
* Develop and lead the delivery strategy across a programme of work in support of business growth and exceeding stakeholder expectations.
* Understand and identify any broader company issues requiring a non-optimal solution for a given programme which offers a pan Division advantage.
* Act as an internal liaison with all relevant departments and personnel to ensure that programme requirements are met.
* Provide a route of escalation for projects under the remit of the programme for resource prioritisation.
* Be recognised by internal and external stakeholders as the centre of excellence for all aspects of the programme.
* Manage the day-to-day operational aspects of the programme, and ensure contract adherence and scope control across the programme.
* Understand the implications of different methodologies of monitoring and controlling a programme and employ the most suitable methodology within the project management process.
* Lead project reviews, to provide appropriate levels of governance and executive oversight.
* Provide direction and support to Project Managers and members of Project Teams, identifying solutions when required and coaching members to achieve objectives
* Carry out post project evaluation, assess results, lessons learned and report to stakeholders.
* Identify and champion continuous improvement initiatives throughout the business, coaching others to contribute to ongoing improvements.
* Support bids to ensure the organisation position themselves strategically and within a bound statement of work with known risks and opportunities.
Skills, Qualification and Experience
* Educated to Degree level or equivalent in an Engineering related discipline.
* Qualification in project management or equivalent preferred.
* Significant proven experience in successfully managing and delivering complex engineering programmes.
* Experience of managing Project Managers and large project teams.
* Experience of preparing and managing bids.
* Background in the defence industry or similar complex technology domain.
* Expert in delivering risk and opportunity management
* Strong knowledge of advanced Project Management tools and techniques including Earned Value Management and Schedule Risk Analysis including implementation, analysis and rectification.
* The successful candidate must be capable of achieving Security (SC) Clearance as a minimum