pension, life assurance, bonus
12 days ago
Due to continued expansion, you will form part of the Integrated Project Team working on a high profile contract valued at £100M per year.
Under the guidance of the Programme Director you will be responsible for major subcontract co-ordination, management and delivery of the Programme through engineering and the supply chain to achieve the requirements and deliverables of the contract in full.
You should have the ability to foster and develop collaborative relationships with all stakeholders (internal & external) on a global basis and drive and mentor both direct and indirect teams in order to successfully deliver the contract.
- Support the co-ordination, management and motivation of a cross-functional, multi-disciplined team
- Stakeholder management support across Europe
- Manage the assigned work packages / control account budget and associated fiscal reporting and control processes.
- Management of change requests
- Proactive risk management
- Track, maintain or improve Project progress, timing and quality through the monitoring and control of activities
- Application of Earned Value Management and the reporting of accurate and timely EVM data
- Prepare deliverables and reports, attend and participate in internal and Customer Programme reviews, and meetings as required
Experience & Educational Requirements
- Experience in Programme Management within the Defence arena (submarines, fastjets, helicopters, surface ships or military vehicles) or within an Automotive OEM
- Significant and applied experience in programme management of sub-systems design, development, integration, testing and certification Projects / Programmes -
- Ideally you will have a background and degree in engineering (mechanical / electrical / electronic)
- Sub-Contractor / Supplier development and management experience
- First class team working skills in an environment of change, complex stakeholders and international projects
- Risk Management experience
- Earned Value Management (EVM) methodology and techniques within a Defence Contracting environment - (Desirable)
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, within a culturally diverse and challenging environment of multiple and geographically dispersed stakeholders
- The ability to travel within mainland Europe for programme reviews and meetings as necessary
This is an exciting role which will allow you to play a pivotal part in a highly regarded defence contract with excellent long term career opportunities along with working in a fully supported environment.