25 days ago
Our client is a leading defence & aerospace company and is looking for a dynamic and high performing individual for the role of Programme Manager for its Air Traffic Management Systems Business. The work location will primarily be based out of our Harlow facility with frequent visits to other company and customer facilities worldwide (further details of travel can be provided on request).
This role requires significant engagement with customers and suppliers supported by the programme Engineering, Commercial and Supply Chain Management leads. The Programme Manager will be responsible for the negotiation of programme, commercial and technical requirements in order to achieve flawless delivery of programmes.
The role involves but is not limited to the following:
* Provide effective management of programmes to achieve or exceed schedule, cost, and profit.
* Ensure that business goals, objectives and strategy are clearly communicated to the programme team and that the programme team are motivated to perform and deliver requirements
* Act as the primary interface developing strong relationships with Customers and key suppliers to ensure that they are meeting their commitments to the programme
* Work with functional managers to ensure that appropriate resources are available and allocated to support the programme.
The successful Candidate will require:
* Established leadership skills and proactive team builder with experience of leading multi-discipline teams
* Excellent interpersonal skills, team motivator capable of building strong relationships with peers and Customers
* Motivated and able to adapt to the fast moving pace of supporting high tempo operations, with energy and drive
* Able to manage and work within agreed timescales and task budgets, and deliver on commitments
* Ability to identify and understand technical programme issues, to summarise and identify key concerns and follow through with the development and execution a corrective action plan to resolve the issues.
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.