Up to £0.00 per annum
6 months ago
A dynamic and high performing Programme Manager (PM) is required to work on export programme delivery for the Weapons Business Area The role will require excellent interpersonal skills and high levels of energy and stamina. The work location will primarily be based out of Glenrothes with visits to other UK and customer sites, with International travel.
The role involves delivery of programmes, developing new programme opportunities, point of contact with key customer officials. To liaise closely with defence Customers and Suppliers, to ensure open communication channels at all times and to establish strong, trusting relationships.
Nature and Scope:
The PM will be responsible for execution of high profile projects, including bid and proposal management. The programme manager shall be required to:
· facilitate complex problem solving initiatives. This will require a high technical competence and ability to think strategic solutions.
· act as the interface from the project into key product teams to ensure that the customer and project requirements are fully understood and actioned
· work in conjunction with other functional teams, ensure that the resources required to support the projects are recruited, retained, properly motivated with realistic goals, have the correct skills and are assigned to the appropriate tasks and duties
· Able to manage and work within agreed budgets, P & L goals, and forecast cost to complete and look for every opportunity to save cost as the projects progress. This will form a key measure of the success of the position.
· Identify project risks and opportunities, quantify and produce mitigation, capture and contingency plans.
· Motivate the programme team to perform and deliver requirements
· Ensure the goals/ objectives are clearly communicated, understood and executed by the programme team
· Develop strong relationships with the customers and subcontractors to ensure that they are meeting their commitments to the project.
· A successful track record in setting up and executing full lifecycle development programmes for the UK MoD or DoD.
· Ability to create and identify new opportunities for business
· Understanding and ability to shape customer thinking.
· A skilled manager who can anticipate problems, and plan to mitigate them.
· An able communicator in verbal, written and presentational forms including at board level.
· A logical problem solver who can operate effectively under stretching constraints.
· Able to manage and work within agreed budgets.
· Ability to establish and nurture customer relationships
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.