8 months ago
Our high profile client manages large scale national procurement contracts and has a current requirement for an experienced Programme Manager. This role is presented on a contract basis (6 months initial) and will be based at our client's site operations at Filton, Bristol.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Provision of intensive advice to high level line managers at executive level, contributing to the overall strategy, leading and developing programme/ project managers.
- Management of large complex programmes/ projects, managing different interfaces and programme and project methodology and tools.
- Leading programmes of work, defining service standards for both the business and delivery of the agreed benefits
- Consolidating and documenting the fundamental components of programmes (scope, schedule, resource requirements, budgets, risks, opportunities and issues, and quality requirements)
- Managing the integration of programme outputs into business-as-usual, addressing the readiness of users, compatibility of work systems and the realisation of benefits
- Establishing and maintaining governance arrangements for the delivery of programmes defining clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities, that align with organisational practice
- Preparing, gaining approval of, refining and updating business cases that justify the initiation and/or continuation of programmes (and/or the projects within them) in terms of benefits, costs and risks
- Managing stakeholders, taking account of their levels of influence and Determining the best means of satisfying requirements within the context of programme objectives and constraints;
- Preparing and maintaining schedules for programme activities and events, taking account of dependencies and resource requirements
- Developing, implementing and updating resource allocations plans (other than finance) needed for programmes
- Preparing and maintaining an overall schedule for resource use in related projects, which avoids bottlenecks and conflicting demands, sequencing outcomes, to enable the efficient realisation of benefits
- Establishing and implementing when necessary, protocols to change the scope of programmes and updating configuration documents as required
- Recommending how financial and other resources should be allocated amongst programmes to optimise the organisation's return on investment
- Identifying, defining, evaluating, planning, tracking and realising the business benefits of programmes (and/or the projects within them)
- Demonstrated ability in managing programmes of a highly complex nature.
- 5 years post qualification relevant experience in one or more programme roles.
- Minimum MSP or equivalent.
- Minimum MAPM
- RPP or ChPP preferred
- Minimum of QCF Level 4 in a relevant subject