about 2 months ago
My nuclear client is currently looking for Programme Managers to be part of a large client lead team based in Gloucestershire.
This role will support multiple projects within their UK wide project portfolio.
As a Programme Manager your responsibilities will include:
* Identifying, implementing & complying with applicable technical, safety, environmental & quality standards, client procedures, policies & relevant legislative & regulatory requirements
* Managing the performance of other PMs/APM's and taking responsibility for the delivery of either a large complex project, a programme, or a small portfolio of projects
* Acting as coach and mentor to other PM's/APM's and helping them in developing their project management knowledge and experience
* Applying the company project controls standards and developing, maintaining, reporting and trending an accurate baseline
* Securing, assigning and maintaining a team containing all the resources required to successfully deliver the project/programme of work
* Leading and coaching the team members creating a positive team working environment
* Identifying and assessing risks and implementing effective risk mitigation strategies
* Implementing and maintaining effective communication to the team and all stakeholders including Stations, Regulators, and central support functions
* Meeting the specified functional criteria
* Controlling scope and cost to the agreed baseline, instigating, and managing change control
* Controlling Project Documentation through Document and Configuration Control
* Contract management responsibilities where delegated in the F3 Nomination of Contract
* Maintain regular involvement of and communications with the Project/Programme Sponsor
Degree educated, ideally in engineering or related subject
* Chartered engineer or equivalent professional qualification.
* APMP formal project management qualification or equivalent.
* The Programme Manager must have a good, detailed understanding of a wide range of project management competencies.
* Be able to evaluate and adopt them within a complex project environment.
* Must be able to coach and mentor other project managers in the understanding and applying project management competencies.
* Must have personally executed most of the project management competencies by managing a number of complex projects.
* Need to have involved a knowledge of engineering, design, procurement, safety case, construction and installation/commissioning management and commercial contracting.
* Should also have significant brown-field project management experience.
* Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of relevant Health and Safety and Environment legislation including CDM and the actions required to achieve compliance along with a proven track record of working within highly regulated environments with high safety standards and culture.
* Must also have a good understanding of the needs of quality and how quality is assured and controlled along with relevant experience of commercial, contractual and financial project drivers.
* Must have excellent communication and organisational skills with the ability to develop relationships and maintain effective networks and be results-focussed tempered with a team-centred approach.
* Must have had experience of dealing with a wide range of both internal and external stakeholders.
* Must be a strong conflict manager with a firm and assertive approach but take the analytical approach with a "can do" problem solving ability.
* Demonstrable experience of managing projects throughout the full project lifecycle, ideally across a range of complex multi-discipline projects and environments, and management of an integrated project team including staff, agency and assigned functional support.
* Must be able to demonstrate experience of estimating, cost control, planning and commercial awareness including the preparation of business cases and sanction/ funding papers.
* Should be experienced in the preparation of reports and information using packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint, be proficient in the use of estimating, scheduling, programming and risk tools and in the use of Earned Value tools. Analytical approach with high-level problem-solving ability