West London, London
2 months ago
Job Purpose: Project management is required to help with the delivery of programmes, bids and proposals and investment projects.
Scope / dimensions: Manage multiple Projects ranging in size up to ~£20m and line management of a small team.
- Manage projects to meet project milestones, schedule and budget requirements.
- Effective communication with the project customers and stakeholders to build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships.
- Ensure that projects comply with the relevant security requirements.
- Ensure that projects comply with the Company directives.
- Achieving Acceptance of all elements of projects to schedule and cost.
- Meeting project sales and cash budgets, and forecasting accurately.
- Establishing and implementing project-specific Project Management Plans (including all sub-ordinate plans).
- Producing and implementing internal and subcontractor Statements of Work.
- Establishing, controlling and reporting project schedule & costs against an overall WBS & budget.
- Use Programme Performance Metrics (PPMs) to effectively manage all programmes.
- Preparing the internal Business Review Pack as the basis for reporting to senior management.
- Preparing Customer Progress Reports as agreed with each customer.
- Manage security of information as defined in the Security manual.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Extensive experience of managing multiple, concurrent, multi-disciplinary projects in the defence electronics sector.
- Degree in relevant discipline.
- Project management qualifications, such as APMP or Prince 2.
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.