East Midlands, England
13 days ago
IMI Truflo Marine, part of IMI Critical Engineering, has been a specialist in the design and manufacture of high integrity valves, actuators and pressure reducing stations for critical nuclear and naval marine applications for over 50 years. Our products have an outstanding reputation for integrity and reliability in extreme applications, and we provide support through the life of a facility, from concept to decommissioning and disposal.
IMI Truflo Marine and Morson International are currently working in partnership to recruit a Programme Director to support the growth of a brand-new world-class facility in 2021 that will be a benchmark for the sector.
We are looking for an individual who can further support that growth trajectory by making Project Management a core competency and centre of excellence in our organisation. You will have autonomy to shape the role and function in your own way with the support of a highly experienced and capable leadership team.
The Programme Director provides the interface between project ownership, delivery of projects and acts as a focal point between the business and the project manager. They will be responsible for delivering all projects on time, within budget and within scope.
Reporting to the Managing Director, your role will be to take direct responsibility for developing project management into a core competence for IMI Truflo Marine, supported by the team of Project Managers.
The role of the Programme Director has a heavy emphasis on process development, managing teams (direct and non-direct), meeting commitments and driving high levels of accountability within the project management function. This role is of strategic importance to IMI Truflo Marine and requires a high integrity individual with excellent programme management skills. Strong technical and commercial skills are also required.
Key duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to: -
· Develop project management to be a core discipline for IMI Truflo Marine.
· Serve as an active member of IMI Truflo Marine's Senior Leadership team
· Through effective management of the project team, ensure clear accountability and responsibility is driven through all projects.
· Set team objectives on an annual basis in line with our PDR process, ensure all relevant SOP's are followed in relation to this task, set training and development plans, ensure that monthly one to ones with direct reports are acted upon.
· Understand all stakeholders' requirements and ensure that the inside sales team support and deliver against those requirements.
· Create an appropriate project management framework, incorporate gateway review process, ensure framework is a document process driven approach. Process needs to meet all stakeholder's requirements, ensure developed process delivers a high performing project management team.
· Develop an effective visual management process that drives continuously improving project management meetings.
· Participate in cross functional teams.
· Ensure continued communication and good relationships with external and internal customers.
· Collaborate with colleagues from other departments to ensure effective support for the project management function, be a change enabler focussing on driving continuous improvement between relevant departments. Ensure that the correct task is carried out in the correct department.
· Ensure each project manager / project has a programme brief, project initiation document and business case.
· Create an effective change management process for all projects, ensure that any project creep is subject to the change management process.
· Ensure an effective live Risk Management and LFE process exists, these processes should drive continuous improvement and ensure accountability to relevant stakeholders.
· Work within the senior commercial structure to execute the five-year plan, provide strategic and tactical inputs to support the commercial evolution of IMI Truflo Marine.
People Management Responsibilities:
· Review the performance of staff within direct team, reviewing training requirements and development plans.
· Resource management in terms of resource allocation with regards to both shop floor support and projects.
· Ensure effective daily and weekly flow down of communication from weekly managers meeting to team members.
Qualifications and Experience:
· An experienced project manager with an engineering/manufacturing background and a demonstrable understanding of the challenges in this arena.
· High level of education (ideally degree educated) and educated in formal project management is essential e.g. APMP or Prince 2 certified.
· Leadership skillset, with excellent people development skills. A strong communicator who has a natural performance management mindset.
· Highly organised, calm individual who is a positive progressive motivator who naturally motivates and influences people with good multi- cultural skills e.g. awareness, sensitivity and communication skills.
· Experience of working within a results driven environment with skills in managing both core process and bringing a creative and innovative approach.
· Experience in a metrics focused environment including weekly and monthly quarterly reporting and analysis.
· Defence and Naval Marine experience are desirable.
· Experience with Defstan and Defcon or other non-UK governmental defence standards - desirable.
· Knowledge of Defence standards and accreditations is desirable.
· Experience of working with and implementing Lean manufacturing tools and techniques.