Birmingham, West Midlands
£400 - £470 per annum
Rail Technical Team
2 months ago
Job Title - Programme Cost Planning Manager
Location - Birmingham
Rates - £527.24 Umbrella or £470.46 PAYE
Duration - ASAP-20.02.2019
In Scope of IR35
About the role / project:
As a Programme Cost Planning Manager, you will provide an estimating and cost planning service to programme teams, mentor Estimators and Senior Estimators and allocate local estimating resources in response to programme demands. Actively liaise and support discipline initiatives as required by the Head of Cost Planning and maintain current cost and benchmarking data.
What you will do:
* Manage estimating resources so that they are available to produce estimates in a timely and efficient manner.
* Act as the local Subject Matter Expert for estimating and cost planning.
* Support corporate alignment on estimating best practice, processes and systems.
* Control and manage the estimating process in line with the relevant procedures and work instructions and other company procedures, systems (e.g. CostX) and processes.
* Develop and promote estimating best practice within IP Central.
* Provide guidance and advice on Rail Method of Measurement, cost breakdown structures, reporting and the analysis of quantities.
* Monitor, review and all estimates so that they are produced in accordance with company governance procedures and processes and use of Rail Method of Measurement rules in their preparation.
* Manage the buying in of external estimating support & where necessary delivered to required quality standards.
* Review and approve the submission of CAF 4s, providing regular audit of submissions to ensure quality and meet KPI targets.
* Support the commercial team with unit cost modelling, costs analysis feedback (CAF 7) for final account and project close out analysis
* Ownership, development, and effective deployment of unit cost modelling tool across the Commercial Discipline and provide improvement initiatives.
* Provide, plan and monitor estimating KPIs to measure collection of cost data, performance of estimating team and compliance with estimating process.
Your experience will include:
* Qualified to professional standard in Estimating or Quantity Surveying with membership of an appropriate professional body and/or educated to degree level or equivalent
* Relevant successful experience of provision of estimating and/or QS services in railway or construction environment.
* Knowledge of project management and investment programme processes and systems.