4 months ago
FTC 18 months
Our client is looking to recruit an experienced Programme Controls Director. The successful person would be responsible for the direction of all Programme Controls activity across the entire Crossrail Programme (including planning, cost management, risk management, commercial assurance, reporting and management against the Programme Measurement Baseline). The Programme Controls function is responsible for setting the programme management standards and procedures, providing assurance and governance that the standards and procedures are complied with and ensuring appropriate planned, actual and forecast data is provided and summarised in accurate, useful and timely reports.
Also responsible for providing various stakeholders ranging from external Sponsors, Crossrail Board/Executive, through to the Delivery teams at Programme, Group and Project levels timely and accurate information, acting as the "eyes and ears" of the Chief Programme Officer and CFO in achieving the programme's performance measurement objectives.
- Provide functional leadership and technical direction for all Programme Controls staff, and day-to-day line management of direct reports
- Provide strategic advice on cost/schedule integration, cost, risk and reporting issues affecting the Crossrail Programme.
- Oversee the provision of accurate, succinct, informative, useful and timely reporting of Programme performance across the enterprise and its delivery partners. This includes periodic Board Reports, Management Information packs and Crossrail's Semi-Annual Construction Reports, as well as the co-ordination of the data and reports used in the periodic programme governance meetings.
- Maintain and evolve the integrated programme management system based around the fundamentals of robust data control.
- Develop and implement appropriate transition strategies for the End-Programme transition to TfL.
- Interface with customers, contractors and other outside personnel to ensure integration of Programme Controls tools and an easily accessible flow of data that is consistent and, as far as possible, free from duplication.
- Produce accurate, succinct, focused, intelligent, rigorous, informative and timely reports and management information prepared in collaboration with leads and directors across Crossrail. Ensure consistency of approach and eliminate duplication as far as possible.
- Support the Executive Directors and Project Directors by providing Programme Controls capabilities and services.
- Ensure quality of Programme Controls information through use of standardised tools, integrated programme and project control processes and systems. As a minimum these processes (and associated systems) should include:
- Cost/Schedule integration
- Cost management;
- Risk and issue management (including Quantitative Schedule and Cost Risk Analysis)
- Seek to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the programme controls processes and systems continuously.
- Where required, develop and implement effective and efficient Programme Controls training and communication activities.
- Demonstrate compliance with all related industry leading practice and standards and ensure Crossrail adopts practices which provide industry-leading value for money in controls.
- Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Crossrail Target Zero principles.
- Co-operate with Crossrail in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times.
- Act as a role model for Crossrail's vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Crossrail's Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too.
- Promote equality and inclusivity in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues.
Dimensions & Interfaces (Internal and External)
- Responsible for managing around 60 resources Crossrail the Programme.
- Direct budgetary responsibilities of around £2.5m per annum are associated with this role.
- Dotted line responsibility for cost management, risk management and change control that is functionally in Finance
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Business, Construction Management, Quantity Surveying or equivalent experience and training.
- Substantial relevant experience including programme and project controls experience on major infrastructure programmes.
- Expert knowledge of all programme controls functions (including schedule, cost, risk, reporting and change control).
- For more information please contact Tim Jordan