£450 - £570 per day
26 days ago
Programme Commercial Manager
Location - Cardiff
In Scope of IR35
This is a high profile, high value role managing the Overhead Line project in Cardiff, Wales. You will be responsible for the strategic management of all commercial, procurement, finance and investment activities of the programme, including contract commercial management. This is also a line management position.
- Functionally responsible for all the commercial management work. Agree with Programme Director the contract strategy for all projects in their area to facilitate timely and efficient implementation.
- Develop and deploy a robust Commercial Strategy for the management and control of the Programme. This will include development of a work packaging strategy together with plans for effective cost management.
- Develop a Procurement Strategy for the Programme, including the processes for the selection of suitable Contractors and Consultants. Agree with the Programme Director the appropriate supplier engagement model for each work package in the Programme. Compliance with OJEU legislation.
- Lead the management and resolution of legal and/or commercial disputes in own area of expertise in conjunction with Functional commercial management and the Programme Director.
- Confirm that all Financial and Commercial reports produced by the Programme are clear and accurate.
- Check that all Financial variances are investigated and reported accurately to the Programme Finance Director and Programme Director, with appropriate mitigation plans.
- Continuously monitor, review and improve the programme financial and commercial strategies in the interests of the Programme.
- Confirm that appropriate financial budget and authority is in place for all packages in the Programme. Maintain compliance with Investment Regulations.
- Manage the deployment of commercial resources within the Programme and arrange additional support if needed.
- Mobilise Estimating and Risk Management support for Programme activities as required.
- Knowledge of the use and application of railway and construction industry conditions of contract.
- Experienced staff manager and negotiator.
- Demonstrate experience of resolution of construction contract disputes and robust post contract management.
- Relevant railway and/or construction experience.
- Knowledge of railway commercial contract management and estimating.
- Experience of managing and developing several teams of staff.
- Can demonstrate good communication skills in all areas including written, oral and presentations.
- Experience of the management and review of contractor's interim and final accounts.